Motion capture - Falling

Posted By Nebula480 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Nebula480
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Good afternoon everybody. I figured this would be a great place to get some input given that there’s a bunch of animators here using the iClone pipeline. I need some advice and/or would like to get a general idea of what anybody here feels would be the best way to go about this. I have a motion capture suit and was recently experimenting with wind physics and how it reacts to clothing on a character mesh. I feel that for my first try I’m very content with the results (check it out here https://youtu.be/7wZm7a1h6aE )and so now I’m planning the next shot and need some advice.

I want to do a shot where a character runs to the edge of a cliff and then dives to try to embrace the other falling person as they both plummet. I feel this would be another great experimental shot to see how the wind physics reacts to 2 characters falling.

The part that my head is trying to figure out is what the best way to capture the part where he actually jumps off. My initial idea is to have a small wooden platform of which I would be standing with my suit on, that would be tied to a harness that’s attached to the ceiling.

I would then runoff to the edge and in order to keep everything in one single take, right when I’m about to jump, a person on the other end of the rope would pull it which would give me lift in the air where I can then act out like I’m falling.

Does that sound like a good realistic idea? Does anybody hear have experience with motion capture suits when both feet are not in the ground? Here’s a little basic sketch I did of the idea. Anybody’s advice is greatly appreciated: 

Reading This Topic