Profile Picture

unrestricted FBX import / export

Posted By devcommon 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
devcommon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hola,

getting an industry standard FBX,OBJ, ABC, ... exchange would be great.

Meaning getting rid of that fbxkey requirement so we can import any FBX geo (that is not attached to a character like accessories are) for referencing. 
Like image planes those could end up under the Prop section. 
Move, rotate and scale would be enough for that.

Also getting light setups in (i.e. via FBX, ABC, ... ) from other 3D tools in would be really helpful.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

The FBXKey is only used when you export a character out to modify it and then want to bring it back in again. You can import any standard FBX and OBJ by using Create > Accessory from the Menu Bar without requiring an FBXKey. For Image Planes you can right click an image and drag it into the viewport where you will be prompted to load it as an Image Plane. Image Planes are stored under Props. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

devcommon
devcommon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply.  I think you misread my post Wink.
I am aware of all of the options you mentioned, but they do not fulfill the need mentioned here.

I even was specific in saying " (that is not attached to a character like accessories are)" and "Like image planes those could end up under the Prop section"

What is needed is an option to import geometry that wasn't created in CC and that is detached from the character.  Accessories are attached to it i.e. move with it. 
There needs to be a way to have external geo in the scene completely separate from anything else, hence my comment "Like image planes 

cheers
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for clarifying. Apologies, I got from your first post that you wasn't clear on how FBXKey worked (a common problem) which is why I explained.

Currently if you want to bring in props you can do so using the iClone iProp format. These are not attached to the character like accessories. So for example if you have your character posed in a sitting position you can bring in a chair for them to sit on. This option does require you have iClone though.

However, if you want to see more FBX import options please be sure to post your suggestions in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the development teams and you will get feedback from the team there when applicable. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions normally getting priority. 

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thanks. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic