trouble with the lips editor

Posted By johnwarndt52 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
After a year of being distracted by another project, I'm getting back to using iclone. I'm having trouble with the lips editor that I'm hoping the community can help me out on. The little lips icons used to get highlighted (actually, they'd get darker, with more contrast) whenever I'd hit one while I'd be scrolling through the timeline. Now that feature works for a few seconds, then stops.
Does anybody know what could be causing that, and how I could fix it?
I'm using iclone 7.41   Please don't tell me to upgrade. I did that once and it destroyed my pc.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee2cef0f-bc6b-4fda-8708-ec67.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by johnwarndt52
snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yo budie !

wait for our grandmaster-level with Lip-Syncing system i mentioned just wait for mr. @KelleyToons Wink yea this dude has a skill !

ps. my little advice, maybe you just have to many phenomes , just try to REDUCE it and check the results. 

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
I wonder how upgrading iClone could destroy a PC?...Unsure

It is a pity you can't upgrade because a greatly enhanced lip-syncing system has been announced for the next iClone version.

It also a bit hard to say much about a problem you see in a much older version as there is no way to check it out.

Anyway, the way it works for me now is that while scrolling the correct viseme is selected in the Lips Editor. However, there is no green outlining on the timeline of the viseme unless you select it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Animagic,
Here's what happened: I'd used iclone 7.41 for hours a day for several months with no problem other than frustration at the steep learning curve. (steep for me, at least...)
Then I upgraded to 7.61 and almost immediately it started freezing. Freezing so completely I could not close out even using task manager. I'd have to turn the pc off completely. Then I'd re-boot, open iclone, use it for a short time and it would freeze again. After that happened about a half dozen times, I got a Blue Screen Of Death and the whole thing was well... dead. Just wouldn't start. I had to pay a guy to come to my apartment and reload it with windows 10. Fortunately I'd backed up all my important files, but all the other software on it was lost and it took quite a bit of me pestering (I'm sorry I forget his name, but he's a regular here...) to dig up a legacy copy of iclone 7.41 to reload.
That was the worst computer trouble I've had in 25 years of using them. I'm a sick, broke old man and I'm not going to risk that happening again.
But as for the timeline- yes the syllables on the timeline are outlined as I scroll through that, but those are so tiny they're almost impossible to see and their corresponding symbls in the window of the 16 lip expressions do not get highlighted like they once did. Even for a very short viseme file. Even if it's just a few words. I'd really like to know how to make that work again.
Is there any way to increase the height of the  lips row of the timeline? The would be of immense help. I'm trying to fine-tune some close-up speech.
Edited
3 Years Ago by johnwarndt52

Reading This Topic