Silent Night InstaScene fails

Posted By TimothyMasters 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I purchased Silent Night InstaScene:
https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/ccdproduct.html?contentid=AIC600CIENU050120161125002
If I just load it into a new project, save the project immediately, and then load the project just saved, it's garbage.
I sent in a tech support ticket in case it's an iClone bug, but I suppose it's more likely a bug in the scene itself.
Has anyone else had this problem?  Any thoughts on what I might do to fix it?  Thanks!
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have the prop and just ran some quick tests using it and got some really weird results when reopening a saved project containing it in iClone 7. There are no issues when I save it in iClone 6, but even then opening that project in iClone 7 flattens the whole scene out giving the same results as the iClone 7 project. w00t

After a bit of "poking around" in the prop I discovered that it contains an animation in the rays above the child. Right clicking on the whole prop and selecting "Remove Object Animation" sort of solves the problem to the point of being able to save and reopen a project with it doesn't cause any distortion.

I would suggest that you send GrannyJ a PM explaining the issue and asking if she has a solution to it other than removing the prop animation. She hasn't been on the Forum for some time, but she would get a mail informing her of your PM.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Thanks.  I'll do that.
Tim
TimothyMasters
TimothyMasters
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

FWIW, tech support just messaged me that they confirmed that this is a bug in the latest iClone, not the scene, and they promise to fix it in the next release.
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the information. It's always nice to know if a solution to an issue has been discovered and worked on. Cool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic