Profile Picture

Can't find an upgrade price to 3DXchange Pipeline.

Posted By zuntar 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zuntar
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey. It looks like I am going to have to upgrade from 3DXchange Pro to Pipeline. However, when I try to find an upgrade price  on the site, I keep getting $399.00, which is the same exact member price I was offered to flat out buy 3DXchange pipeline to begin with. I already bought and have Pro so I am not looking to buy the whole program over again. Obviously, there has to be a cheaper upgrade price somewhere (I can't be the first one who has wanted to do this LOL ) but, I can't find it. Also unfortunately, Reallusion has a disturbing lack of phone support so I cant call and ask, so I came here to ask. Thanks. 😊
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Bad news for you:
The $ 399 is the upgrade price for 3dx7 pipeline
There is no direct upgrade from 3DX 7 pro to 3dX7 pipeline
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
zuntar
zuntar
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)Junior Member (155 reputation)

Wow. That's kind of ridiculous. Well that's off my shopping list. LOL Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
zuntar (2/11/2021)
Hey. It looks like I am going to have to upgrade from 3DXchange Pro to Pipeline. However, when I try to find an upgrade price  on the site, I keep getting $399.00, which is the same exact member price I was offered to flat out buy 3DXchange pipeline to begin with. I already bought and have Pro so I am not looking to buy the whole program over again. Obviously, there has to be a cheaper upgrade price somewhere (I can't be the first one who has wanted to do this LOL ) but, I can't find it. Also unfortunately, Reallusion has a disturbing lack of phone support so I cant call and ask, so I came here to ask. Thanks. 😊

Hi...

The full price of 3DXchange 7 Pro is $199 and the full price of 3DXchange 7 Pipeline is $499. So you can see there is a difference of $300 anyway. Sadly upgrade prices are not just the difference between the two prices which is why it will always work out a little more expensive to upgrade rather than buying the correct version to start with.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
I  remember (perhaps a long time ago) that upgrade prices were just the difference, which would be more reasonable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

zuntar
zuntar
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I am a relatively new user and have been re-reading the website again and again to try to understand the difference between Pro and Pipeline clearly. My brain is bleeding a bit right now. LOL I can bring stuff in with Pro, But if I want to kick a set and characters with animation out to render in DAZ for example, I would need pipeline. If I want to kick an object out to Blender to edit it that's pipeline too. But, if I want to send a character from CC to Zbrush and back that's fine because I have CC Pipeline.  Apparently I can also do  the same and kick stuff over to substance designer too (and back I assume).  

It's very hard to make that choice when you are not familiar with the product and exactly what it does. I am still within the 14 days return period of my purchase of 3DXchange Pro so I may request a refund and apply that money back towards an immediate purchase of 3dXchange Pipeline once I decide if I really need it. 

Thanks again. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

animagic (2/11/2021)
I  remember (perhaps a long time ago) that upgrade prices were just the difference, which would be more reasonable.

I don't recall as a general rule the upgrade price ever being just the difference. Of course during sales it may have worked out that way.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

zuntar (2/11/2021)
I am a relatively new user and have been re-reading the website again and again to try to understand the difference between Pro and Pipeline clearly. My brain is bleeding a bit right now. LOL I can bring stuff in with Pro, But if I want to kick a set and characters with animation out to render in DAZ for example, I would need pipeline. If I want to kick an object out to Blender to edit it that's pipeline too. But, if I want to send a character from CC to Zbrush and back that's fine because I have CC Pipeline.  Apparently I can also do  the same and kick stuff over to substance designer too (and back I assume).  

It's very hard to make that choice when you are not familiar with the product and exactly what it does. I am still within the 14 days return period of my purchase of 3DXchange Pro so I may request a refund and apply that money back towards an immediate purchase of 3dXchange Pipeline once I decide if I really need it. 

Thanks again. 

The difference between 3DXchange 7 Pro and Pipeline is that Pipeline allows you to import and export while Pro only allows import for use in iClone.

So basically if you want to only export standard characters and animations to 3rd party software and game engines then Character Creator 3 Pipeline can do that without any need for 3DXchange7.

However, if you also wish to be able to export props and other types of non-standard characters (dogs, cats, horses etc.), then 3DXchange 7 Pipeline is required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic