UNREAL > 3DX > ICLONE : Root bone animation problems

Posted By OokamiOokami 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
OokamiOokami
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi, I am attempting to modify pre-existing animations from UE in IClone. I am exporting FBX from UE > processing through 3DX > Importing / modifying in Iclone > exporting FBX back to UE.

The original animations are 'in place' (have no root bone movement), but they do have hip bone movement. So while the hips move, the root stays static. The problem is, at the end of my process I am seeing the hip bone is now locked in place, and new jittery and unwanted animation has been added to the root bone (that appears to be trying to imitate the motion that was originally on the hips). 

I suspect 3DX is the problem. When I look at the Characterization Profile for the UE Mannequin, I see that the root bone is not part of the profile. I also can't seem to find any documentation on how root bone animation is handled. Does 3DX maintain / transfer root bone animation to Iclone? Maybe the issue is with Iclone? Since I cannot seem to visualize bones in Iclone it is hard to tell what is going on.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
Edited
3 Years Ago by muchogrande

Reading This Topic