Sci fi pack errror: Problems,problems, problems..again

Posted By jleao 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jleao
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ok, here´s the thing: I can´t install the new sci-fi pack:star ships. It gives me an error in the installation saying:

Error code:27
ErrorFile:0001_MotionGrabBag.rlc
Error Msg:Failed to retrieve ID mapping data. Please contact Reallusion Tech support

i contacted support and after more than 24 h waiting, i recived this answer:

"Please go to location below to delete Motion Design Elements Vol.1 folder and its files.

Windows 7/ Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Reallusion\sharedTemplateFiles\Video

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Reallusion\ sharedTemplateFiles\Video"

THE SAME STILL HAPPENS! right after i delete and after i try to  reinstall the si-fi pack, the Motion Design Elements Vol.1 folder is created again automatically and i get same error message.

Why the hell reallusion keeps doing faulty content packs? What does Motion design elements have to do with sci fi pack? And now i bet i will have to wait at least more 24 hours for a new message...I can´t beleve this bad suport. I ALREADY PAID and i´m entitled to a solution FAST. IF I NEED TO UNISTALL ICLONE AND ALL PACKS I DON´T MIND, but reallusion PLEASE, GIVE ME A GOOD ANSWER,TRY AND REALLY HELP ME. Even if that means you get me a direct contact you need to treat your customers with respect, not like a ping pong ball (Today i give you an answer, then you try it out and ask us again, than tomorrow we´ll give you another answer...COME ON...I´M NOT A PING PONG BALL, I´M A PAYING CUSTOMER.

PETER, please try and get an answer for me, as tomorrow is saturday and most probbaly i will only receive an answer on monday...and i probably will have to wait for more time after that. Thanks.
Edited
14 Years Ago by jleao
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
jleao (4/9/2010)
Why the hell reallusion keeps doing faulty content packs?

Hi jleao,

To be fair it doesn't seem to be a faulty content pack and so far you are the only one to report this problem. In my own testing I have been unable to reproduct the problem you are having and the pack has installed on a number of different computers. It may well be something system specific to your system and this is why support can not give you an instant fix.

I know it is extremely frustrating but when the problem can't be repeated in house it is sometimes difficult to resolve problems like this immediately. What they will do is work with you to get this resolved as soon as possible so please keep in communication with them.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jleao
jleao
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
well Peter, let me explain better the reason to my frustration.

1) not only i spent my money and can´t use my pack but

2) I wait for 24 hours for an answer that doesn´t work

3) The support answer tells me to delete a folder with the "Motion Design Elements Vol.1". I thought that maybe these folders aren´t needed for some reasson...but i was wrong

4) now, i don´t have the new pack and i can´t use the Motion Design Elements Vol.1

5)So, i think, "damn". Then i say to myself: «calm down J» you just have to istall Motion Design Elements Vol.1 (altough it take ages to install) all over again. So i do it

6) I start installing the first exe from Motion Design Elements Vol.1 and all of the sudden: BANG. Error 25.

So. I now can´t use the new pack and Motion Design Elements Vol.1 that worked well before.

SO, PETER, believe me, i have all the reason to be frustrated and wanting someone to get in touch with me right now...especially because i see the weekend coming and i imagine there will be no answer today...that´s why i thing reallusion support is one of thw worst i´ve ever had to deal with in a long time.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi jleao,

Just wondering if you got this resolved with Support in the end?

If you are still having problems please let us know.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic