Profile Picture

Has anyone ever tried to sell voice over audio on the Marketplace or Content Store?

Posted By michaelrbarton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Has anyone ever tried to sell voice over audio on the Marketplace or...

Author
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
I don't have a good voice. That is the one main thing missing from iClone is voices. About 90% of iClone videos on Youtube have no voice audio.
I think Reallusion should have some basic phrases and words, with emotion from anger to happiness from various accents around the world. 
It's hard to find a southern accent on Text To Speech. Maybe 100-200 basic phrases and words to get started.
You don't need a studio to record the voices. You can do it at home and upload to iClone. 
It is just a thought.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Do you mean text to speech voices or pre-recorded phrases?

If the latter I don't really see how it would work as most users will have specific things they need their characters to say. It's unlikely you could get by just using common pre-recorded phrases. Plus of course once a character has a particular voice you can't switch him to a different voice mid video if you can't find the phrase you need. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
michaelrbarton (1/10/2021)
I don't have a good voice. That is the one main thing missing from iClone is voices. About 90% of iClone videos on Youtube have no voice audio.
I think Reallusion should have some basic phrases and words, with emotion from anger to happiness from various accents around the world. 
It's hard to find a southern accent on Text To Speech. Maybe 100-200 basic phrases and words to get started.
You don't need a studio to record the voices. You can do it at home and upload to iClone. 
It is just a thought.

Hey there. I dabble in voice acting and could help with some female voices. no charge.  Let me know
Here is my website:
https://djtvoiceovers.wixsite.com/website

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Hello, I mean if somebody was using their own voice and not a pre recorded one. If somebody recorded 100 words and or phrases a day for a week, you would have 700 or more plus. 
Not everybody would use it probably. But knowing that option is out there, it might  save people some time. 
In a couple of months, you could have thousands of words and phrases, some with different emotions, instead of just a computer voice saying the word hate and love with no emotion.
You want your character to have some character and not have some robotic voice ruin all the hard work you put into your creation.
Like Dr. Frankenstein said "It's alive.".

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
this is a great Idea,  may I suggest an experiment ?

try coming up with some standard lines people can use to sell products ....things like

"Now on sale"
"Coming soon..."
"Act now before it's too late"
etc 

Look in your spam folder for all sorts of cliche' type phrases that anyone selling anything can use.
then leave a way for a person to contact you if they want to hire you to fill in the blanks.

Good luck to you guys! Smile

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Actually, I just realized there is an audio section on the marketplace.  I could record some voice overs to sell, and/or, content creators can put in requests of anything specific and I could post them for sale and anyone could buy it, or just the person requesting it.  If someone wanted something custom for only them to use, since its just an audio file, that could be something that can be sold outside of the marketplace I would imagine.... 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Reading This Topic