Seeking advice on how to improve

Posted By alfied 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alfied
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)Veteran Member (913 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I am about 6 weeks into my learning of Reallusion products. This video was CC3/3DXPipeline/iClone into Unreal through livelink and using the liveface plugin for MoCap.

Because I am working within the aesthetic bounds of video games (I make content based on a game called Fallout 76) I do not have to reach the high bar of photo-realism that a lot of you are achieving with your work, but of course at the same time I am far from making content that pushes the limits of what the workflow pipeline allows.

Considering many of your experience and expertise, I would be very grateful if (after having taken a look at this video, which represents my current level of ability) you could give me advice for the next 3 or 4 things I should focus my learning on to improve the quality of my work. My overall focus is on creating really compelling content using the pipeline above, ending with rendering in unreal.

3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Alfied
I'm not familiar with the game itself, but I googled and looked at promo images, and I'd say you need more shadows for depth. I don't use Unreal, so I can't give you any technical suggestions, and if it doesn't need to look photoreal, like you said, the only thing I can say is in the images I saw, there seemed to be a lot of shadows and depth--maybe a bit more contrast overall than yours. Also overall, I'd say more vivid colors, and not so bright.

The lipsync is pretty good and your motions are smooth. It does feel like she's actually singing (I used to sing, and you get into it like that). You've got some nice camera angles, and overall movement, so I'd just say work on colors, contrast, and shadows to add a sense of depth.

These are what I'm basing the above off of:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/781a0784-d6b3-42d8-93cb-9726.jpg

Hope that helps!
Nicole

Reading This Topic