Profile Picture

Import DAZ Head with additional Joints to CC3. Is there a way to maintain facial rigging in CC3?

Posted By josterday 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Import DAZ Head with additional Joints to CC3. Is there a way to...

Author
josterday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to import a Daz Head into CC3 and maintain all of the facial joints? From what I've tested so far, Transformer will always auto-rig with the CC3/UE4 Mannequin joint setup - removing the additional Daz facial joints and replacing with Blendshapes. This results in transform and naming changes along with deletion of necessary joints for facial capture.

In order to utilize high-end facial solvers for mocap, CC3 characters need to have a control rig that exists in Maya for proper retargeting (which would be a mixture of blendshapes and joints). Daz now has this (thanks to the Face Control plugin), so we need an option to maintain facial rigging without losing all of the Reallusion features/pipeline such as Skingen, Headshot, etc.

Any thoughts on how to potentially make this happen?
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You transform it  into a CC Morph and not import a DAZ Mesh. It's like projecting.
CC is a Base Mesh that only change the geometry data,  not more. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

josterday
josterday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)Senior Member (320 reputation)

Can you elaborate on this? If I create a DAZ morph in CC3 via the iAvatar process, then I’m still starting with a base mesh (CC3 or CC3+) which does not include the necessary facial joints.

I need to convert DAZ characters to CC3 in order to take advantage of the Unreal joint hierarchy / naming convention, but the facial joints need to remain from DAZ since they have a Control Rig associated with them in Maya.

My hope is that there’s a 3DX or iClone option somewhere that allows me to create a custom CC3+ character with those added joints but utilizes the topology of CC3 for the sake of SkinGen and Headshot
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
As was stated,
CC3 only exmaines the shape of the imported Daz FBX and Creates a morph for a CC3 base Avatar that looks like the Daz figure.
The Daz figure and its rigging is completely discarded after this process.
If you need that Daz facial rig in UE4 or Maya  you need to export an FBX from Daz Studio to those apps and sort it out from there.
If you need the use Reallusions Headshot or Skin gen you need to use the natve CC3 avatars for which those feature were designed. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

DS-Waqas
DS-Waqas
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@josterday  Use the DazToUnreal plugin which is free via their Daz Central. Then its just a matter of using the retargeting tools in Unreal to allow you use any and all Unreal Mannequin compatible animations.  This way you are preserving the DAZ rig as well.
Edited
3 Years Ago by DS-Waqas
josterday
josterday
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@AutoDidact - thanks for the (unfortunate) confirmation. It makes sense that SkinGen/Headshot are strictly built around CC3 topology and rigging.

@DS-Waqas - I'm familiar with the plugin, but that removes SkinGen/Headshot support as mentioned. Reallusion's Auto-Import tool for UE4 does a good job of setting up all the materials, retargeting, physics, etc. Now, I will say the DAZ plugin has a nice Anim BP for JCMs that comes over with the transfer.

I was hoping to approach this character setup with Daz as the source art platform (similar to ZBrush) with CC3 providing final rigging and FX. Having a Mannequin-based rig is a huge benefit to mocap pipelines and other UE4 assets. As it stands, you can't have high-end facial with a CC3 character in UE4, unless you build a Control Rig in Maya by hand. That's a major setback as we see wider adoption of facial solves beyond ARKit/iPhone.

Reading This Topic