Profile Picture

[What's New] Releasing Unreal Live Link v1.22 for iClone (UE4.26 compatible!)

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

[What's New] Releasing Unreal Live Link v1.22 for iClone (UE4.26...

Author
ninjarama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Are the Unreal Live Link and Auto-Setup plugins compatible with UE4.26 on the Mac?  Any tips on how to get this working on Mac?  I would like to be able run iClone on my PC and Live Link to my Mac.

Happy New Year!
lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
ninjarama (1/8/2021)
Are the Unreal Live Link and Auto-Setup plugins compatible with UE4.26 on the Mac?  Any tips on how to get this working on Mac?  I would like to be able run iClone on my PC and Live Link to my Mac.

Happy New Year!

Here are system-requirements

happy new year
Melvin (RL)
Melvin (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)Senior Member (366 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 days ago
ninjarama (1/8/2021)

Happy New Year!

Hi 
Unfortunately, the version of Autosetup and Livelink doesn't support Mac system now.
ninjarama
ninjarama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)New Member (54 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for the replies!  Looks like I'll have to try Bootcamp... I appreciate your time @mkoo and @lianchiu!
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, i have a problem with unreal 4.26.2, when i try to start the project, after pasting the unreal live link 4.26 folder, i get the error:
"The following modules are missing or built with a differente engine version:
RLLiveLink
RLLiveLinkEditor
Would you like to rebuild them now?"

The rebuild doesn't work, and i don't know what to do. Auto setup is working fine, and both of them were working fine in 4.25.

Anybody can help me, please?
antoniojosecastilla
antoniojosecastilla
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ghetzi (12/31/2020)
Ghetzi (12/29/2020)
Glad to see this was updated to 4.26.  Unfortunately, I'm having problems compiling our project after enabling the auto-setup plugin.  Uninstalling the update resolves the problem, and a fresh install still results in a compile error.  I've got a support ticket in, but thought I'd comment here in case anyone else searching has an issue.  The update is only a day old, these things happen.  Will wait and update here once I find a solution!

UPDATE:  Support's position on the matter is that the auto-setup plugin can only be installed in a new 4.26 project and will not work on an existing, already-in-progress 4.26 project.  Which seems off to me, but that's what they said so there must be a reason.  As a workaround, we're going to start a blank 4.26 project to work the characters, and then use the UE4 migrate tool to bring them into over to our main project which is already in mid-development.  Unless anyone else has any bright ideas?

Did you find any other solution?

Ghetzi
Ghetzi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
antoniojosecastilla (6/11/2021)
Ghetzi (12/31/2020)
Ghetzi (12/29/2020)
Glad to see this was updated to 4.26.  Unfortunately, I'm having problems compiling our project after enabling the auto-setup plugin.  Uninstalling the update resolves the problem, and a fresh install still results in a compile error.  I've got a support ticket in, but thought I'd comment here in case anyone else searching has an issue.  The update is only a day old, these things happen.  Will wait and update here once I find a solution!

UPDATE:  Support's position on the matter is that the auto-setup plugin can only be installed in a new 4.26 project and will not work on an existing, already-in-progress 4.26 project.  Which seems off to me, but that's what they said so there must be a reason.  As a workaround, we're going to start a blank 4.26 project to work the characters, and then use the UE4 migrate tool to bring them into over to our main project which is already in mid-development.  Unless anyone else has any bright ideas?

Did you find any other solution?

Unfortunately, no. The only work-around for an 4.26 projected updated from a previous version was to use a side project as I mentioned and then migrate. For a while, I was able to disable the plugin after each use, but even that stopped working after a while.  Fortunately, that project is done and we were able to start a new project in 4.26 and haven't had an issues since, but I recognize that doesn't help you very much, sorry.

Reading This Topic