Profile Picture

Project Failing To Load

Posted By StormHawk Animations 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
StormHawk Animations
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, 

I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my recent project files. For some reason my project refuses to load. Everything seemed to be working fine yesterday but now it keeps giving me the message "Failed to load the file". I've tried opening the project as usual, directly in IClone and indirectly by simply navigating to the file and clicking on it. Neither of these work. My IClone updated to the most recent build (7.83) but I'm not sure if that matters in my case, other projects from 2019 still load. Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this problem?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/45868f39-da50-49ea-84ed-6d8a.png 
lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
you can submit to FeedBack Tracker and Provide you project.
StormHawk Animations
StormHawk Animations
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Was hoping to get some insight on how I might be able to salvage my project but okay. I'm positive the project is corrupted. Not sure why or how but for some reason this is the only project to have this issue. Totally a bummer because it took me over 2 months to make. 
richleslie
richleslie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

I am experiencing this issue as well, and none of the prior suggestions to work around this are working. For example,  I just saved the file to install the Live Face plugin. When I reopen iClone and load the project, it says "Failed to load the file". It is at the 70% stage of the loading screen. I do have prior versions that work, but it seems to be hit and miss on if the saved file will open. I have also been seeing this in Character Creator so I am assuming it is something to do with the Avatar data?

iClone v7.83. I've only started playing with the software this month so everything is a clean install.
lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
richleslie (1/2/2021)
I am experiencing this issue as well, and none of the prior suggestions to work around this are working. For example,  I just saved the file to install the Live Face plugin. When I reopen iClone and load the project, it says "Failed to load the file". It is at the 70% stage of the loading screen. I do have prior versions that work, but it seems to be hit and miss on if the saved file will open. I have also been seeing this in Character Creator so I am assuming it is something to do with the Avatar data?

iClone v7.83. I've only started playing with the software this month so everything is a clean install.

could you submit to Feedback Tracker and provide your project also describe your workflow

Reading This Topic