Auto setup for UE 4.26

Posted By ricardo.ac.barbosa 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lianchiu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
warhulk457_158810 (12/30/2020)
Thanks!
Hello, I downloaded the plugin that just came out for UE4 4.26 and I followed the instructions on how to install it and when I try to import the model, it doesn't pop up the CC setup window and also the shaders and textures don't import. I have never had a problem importing characters up until now. Can I please get some assistance on how to make this work for UE4 4.26?

By the way, did you also copy CC_Shader? Were you using "new" UE 4.26 project or you were using UE 4.25 convert to UE4.26 Project then input Auto setup for 4.26?

try this
Edited
3 Years Ago by lianchiu
bobcober_667673
bobcober_667673
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)

AutoSetup does not work with a c++ UE4 Project.  :-(
When building,
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol IMPLEMENT_MODULE_RLPlugin

It works fine with a blueprint based projects.
ricardo.ac.barbosa
ricardo.ac.barbosa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Completely true. The only workaround is to add the plug-in directly to the Unreal installation directory instead of the project directory.
bobcober_667673
bobcober_667673
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)Junior Member (226 reputation)

Thanks Ricardo  - Gonna give that a try now....
Edited
3 Years Ago by bobcober_667673
ricardo.ac.barbosa
ricardo.ac.barbosa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)

You got it. I was banging my head against it just a couple days ago as well, so I know the feeling Smile
Just to be clear if someone else finds this thread. The content folder that has the shaders still goes into the project directory, just the plug-in folder goes into the UE installation dir plug-in folder.

The final step is to enable the plug-in inside UE on the plugins menu option.
Edited
3 Years Ago by ricardo.ac.barbosa
ryobg
ryobg
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)Junior Member (246 reputation)

This does not work, the moment you add the CC plugin to the UE plugin folders it tries to compile it and it fails. If you move it to the project plugin folder instead, it tries to compile it there and again it fails.
There must be some flow which tells UE not to try to build it, but just use it as it is. Off-topic, it is annoying that CC plugin is closed source, I don't believe there is any worth of IP to protect.

P.S. The solution is to uncomment/add the following inside the \Plugins\Auto_Setup_1.11\Source\RLPlugin\RLPlugin.Build.cs
bUsePrecompiled = true;
Edited
3 Years Ago by ryobg

Reading This Topic