Profile Picture

Adjust Bones - Not in T pose - Makes blender rest pose different from normal pose.

Posted By ChrisDrums 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Adjust Bones - Not in T pose - Makes blender rest pose different from...

Author
ChrisDrums
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
So i have been using cc3 and blender for a while now, but have not come across this problem before.

My model is finished and in a t pose in the editor, and it is also in a t pose from the modify menu, however when I export to blender I find that the character is in an A pose. 
Digging around in character creator, I have found that the adjust bones section when you first click the character is in an A pose, exactly the same as in blender.
The problem is that I cannot seem to make this A pose change to a T pose. Also the characters that are both t pose in CC3 remain that way in Blender. 
I have tried to set pose as rest pose in blender, and have also looked at a few videos on how to change it, but i have had no luck with that.

If any one could help it would be much appreciated. 

Example Images showing what the problem is.   - First is t pose normal but an A pose in adjust bones.
Even after being exported multiple times with the blender setting and mesh with T pose, Or Mesh and Motion with the 3 options it still retains that A pose.

lianchiu
lianchiu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)Veteran Member (645 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
if you use CC3+ BASE character that Bind Pose is "A Pose"
so if you want keep T pose please use CC3 BASE or CC1 BASE Character. their Bind Pose is "T Pose"

in Blender it will use Bind Pose in Edit Mode
Edited
4 Years Ago by lianchiu
ChrisDrums
ChrisDrums
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ahh, thanks.

I have looked at what has happened, and now i understand. I was using the CC3 Toon Models, but when i applied the makeup and skin adjustments the model had to be converted to CC3+ which in turn changed the bind pose.
Is there a way to change it back by maybe baking the materials or is it stuck in that bind pose now?

Edited
4 Years Ago by ChrisDrums
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I wish there would be more input sought from users when making these kind of decisions.
Using an A-pose instead of a T-pose make sense for skinning, but it's hardly a world of 
difference.  However for motion purpose having the T-Pose is still an industry standard.

Having to juggle the two poses across more than one application is just a pain !
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
e1_scheer (12/17/2020)
I wish there would be more input sought from users when making these kind of decisions.
Using an A-pose instead of a T-pose make sense for skinning, but it's hardly a world of 
difference.  However for motion purpose having the T-Pose is still an industry standard.

Having to juggle the two poses across more than one application is just a pain !

Agreed. Worst decision ever Whistling

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
No need to adjust bones guys. There are two ways to export a T-pose:

Set your character in a T-pose and choose "Current" from the "Include Motion"section.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5e25e409-3e90-4d8d-b9c0-08d1.jpg

Or

Set the "FBX Options" to "Mesh", and then choose T-Pose in the "Default Pose" section.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/29e7382c-ce2a-4ecd-8cd9-21e6.jpg
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@Rampa
Does not help at all. This is what would happen:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce74a9aa-7fd9-47c1-9f93-72f7.jpg

So you have to bake a Rest Pose in Blender anyway - regardless

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic