iray vs cc3 rendering

Posted By magnoliaPower 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
magnoliaPower
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
I've a noob question but I can not find the answer. 
Why CC3 render is better (in my point of view) than the iray render ?

CC3 rendered image:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c189b2d-9173-458b-a7a3-30df.jpg

Iray rendered image:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c5262d2-60e8-46b4-96bf-9876.jpg

I thought on the contrary that iray would enhance my rendering.
I believe it is a matter of settings : what would be the good start? 
Thanks for your help,
Frédéric

--------
PC : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
RAM: 128 Go
Graphics Card : NVidia GeForce RTX 3090

Softwares: Reallusion products, Adobe suite, Blender, NVidia Omniverse

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Iray rendering needs more adjustments for lighting, There's no simple way to get a good results without playing with your lights. In my opinion, we can't say Iray is better or nativ is better because without a good lighting, no good result for they both. For my part, I prefer native rendering than Iray and I get better results and faster results in nativ, but I can't say it's better than Iray because if a guy who have good skill with Iray work on it it could be better than my nativ rendered movie or picture, that's why I say it's relative

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

I understand. When I bought iray plugin, it was because I understood it would certainly enhance my rendered images. In fact, it is just another way to render images.

--------

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Yes, but I've seen some really talented guys come out of great renderings with Iray, so yes, It's another way to render but could be a great way. 

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
better is a subjective term ,  rather than think of iray as a better render,  think of it as a different render,   no different than saying a blue crayon is different from a red pencil.

That said,  iray provides more detail than the iclone render ....if you don't capitalize on those additional details then they really don't matter.

For example,  in your iray render,  the characters nose looks more red ....as far as a story is concerned ,  this implies to me that the character has a stuffy nose,  or a cold ...but if that was not an intended part of your story,  then iray is not a better render engine.

Details in art can either add to the story or distract from the story.....  if I put a photo realistic render of Abraham Lincoln  for sale next to an old pencil sketch of Abraham lincoln that was created in person when Abe was alive,  the pencil sketch would be worth more because of that small detail.  

magnoliaPower
magnoliaPower
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I agree. The point is that I can not rely of what I see because it is not what i get with iray. There are so numerous settings to manage and when you launch the rendering process you get another image. I believe i will use only the native renderer for a while and then, if needed really, go deeper with iray.

--------

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
You are also dealing with the Digital Human Shader which is included in the native renderer, but will require some work to gat a similar result in Iray. There was a discussion about that a while ago.

Lighting has already been mentioned but the difference in shader systems plays a role too.

The redness of the node in Iray you see is the result of Sub-surface Scattering. The native renderer has that effect too but includes masks to temper the effect.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic