Profile Picture

iClone Filmmakers - Collaborative Feature Film?

Posted By ultimativity 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
@BenjaminTuttle, sure. if the shorts were all in the same story world, I could see that approach for a series.

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

@animagic, no doubt shorts can create buzz and perhaps even deals. My problem with 'getting noticed' is even if you get financing, you are back to square one, making a film. At this stage of my life, I would rather invest time in a marketable product from the start.  For me, having a clear goal and project plan are what motivate collaborators to invest their time. 

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@planetstardragon, great examples of collaboration growing an organic following. For me, fun is actually producing a marketable product. Otherwise, it becomes a circle jerk with collaborators showing off their skills to each other, but making limited progress on delivering a marketable product.

Nathan

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
the thing with creating a "marketable product"  is that it requires lots of marketing money.,  thus a risk ....in the fun model , you create a hit product first,  and the people that become fans become your word of mouth salesmen.    Cold starting a random project,  is like trying to make a pop star over night with just ads.....with the advent of the internet,  a clever business is to have your marketing ads generate income,  rather than going all out of pocket for a product no one knows. 

you will get more youtube views from tutorials, behind the scenes and the making of generating ad money   than the money you'd spend trying to make everyone aware of 1 movie they never heard of before.   -  that style marketing is old brick and mortar pre internet.   - people need a story and a cast they can fall in love with,  then they will pay to keep it going because it feels good. -  unless you have like warner brothers marketing money,  then you create feel good products and marketing ,  and advertise it so much people will wonder how they fell in love with something they never liked to begin with.     this is why popular music sucks and all movies are the same. it's corporate training by marketing.

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@planetstardragon, I get what you are saying and there is no reason both can't work. Right now the approach you are describing is what new authors (myself included) are using to market their books, instead of hoping some publisher will "notice" us.

Sharing the writing process and interacting with them is crucial to selling books. I don't have to write a formulaic novel to please a publisher's marketing stats of what the audience expects. However, I do have to use my writing skills to develop a product that delivers the experience my fans are looking for and counting on. That experience, as well as interacting with the author and contributing their ideas, drawings and  book related memes on the book site are all fun.

Nothing in what I am proposing precludes that sort of community - either with the fans or with the collaborators.  
The challenge in developing a fan base is in creating a space where they can contribute; i.e. do something. There are millions of Meetups, Discords, Zooms, YT channels, Slacks, & SubReddits, that are supposed to be fun, but they falter because there is no focus or inspiring activity.  People show up, find a bunch of people there, BS ing and little else. The ones that people come back to and contribute to are those that have defined purpose and process (which is basically, culture). That way they don't feel like they are wasting their time. 
Look at the TikTok Step Chicken cult; they were bored until this chick stepped up and gave them a purpose (swarming other channels). They're having fun.

We could do the same. Like a series where, for various individual reasons, people refuse to stop wearing masks. In fact, they create increasingly elaborate masks to convey their personal identities. The collaborators could have fun inventing characters and stories. Fans could design their own masks or suggest new characters or create fan art of their favorite characters. But that sort of fun begins with an infrastructure and a hard goal, imo.

Nathan

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOzZbUSKFs&feature=youtu.be
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
G
M
T
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Auroratrek
Auroratrek
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
ultimativity (12/8/2020)
Hello Everyone,
It seems like there are a lot of experienced and talented artists here. Could we pull a production crew together from the community to produce a feature length film? 
I am wondering whether working collaboratively on a single product might boost the quality enough to submit to major film festivals or possibly to sell to streaming platforms.
I have a feature length script ready for production. Alternatively, we could produce someone else's script, or create our own story.  If there is interest, I anticipate moving forward at the end of this year. The goal would be to complete production in 2021. 

If you are interested, please respond with:
  1. your vision for a collaborative feature film (e.g. genre, story, style, production values)
  2. the productions roles you'd be interested in (e.g. character creation, animation, cinematography, rendering/composite, voice acting, writing, sound, lighting, special effects)
Hope to be able to work with some of you on a new project,
Nathan

I'm a little late to the party here, but I was curious if you had a commercial example of the quality you think would be possible using iClone, etc.?

On my Youtube Channel: Quest of the Key: Chapter One
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Auroratrek

Great suggestion. I actually do not have any examples at this point. I will try to create a scene and post to my YT channel.

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Space Rider, clever idea. Lots of ways to go with that.

Nathan

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
After I finally upgraded from Iclone 6.5 pipeline to iclone 7,last spring ,I made an honest attempt to move all of my rendering to iclone ,for convienience sake, after the punishsingly complex Iclone /3DX /Daz studio/Maxon Cinema4D Pipeline used to make "Galactus Rising"
I just could not get used to the Idea the not having even
basic screen space reflections or  motion blur being a sci-fi enthusiast.
I ultimately Migrated to Blender for a much more streamlined FBX pipeline with Iclone 7 /CC3 to Blender 2.92.
Iclone 8 looks alot better in terms of environmental rendering effects and may be a better choice for more cinematic quality
productions for those rendering exclusively in iclone. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Reading This Topic