Profile Picture

iClone Filmmakers - Collaborative Feature Film?

Posted By ultimativity 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello Everyone,
It seems like there are a lot of experienced and talented artists here. Could we pull a production crew together from the community to produce a feature length film? 
I am wondering whether working collaboratively on a single product might boost the quality enough to submit to major film festivals or possibly to sell to streaming platforms.
I have a feature length script ready for production. Alternatively, we could produce someone else's script, or create our own story.  If there is interest, I anticipate moving forward at the end of this year. The goal would be to complete production in 2021. 

If you are interested, please respond with:
  1. your vision for a collaborative feature film (e.g. genre, story, style, production values)
  2. the productions roles you'd be interested in (e.g. character creation, animation, cinematography, rendering/composite, voice acting, writing, sound, lighting, special effects)
Hope to be able to work with some of you on a new project,
Nathan

Nathan

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I have a book that didn't sell and I got mad at Amazon and pulled it.

I would need to convert a 15 hour audio book to a 2 hour movie, but I still like my one novel published (under a pseudonym so I can get a job. Should have chosen a better name).https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6ba2222e-6ff2-4880-a14d-2225.png

Back Cover

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0b819ca6-5805-4913-bcf8-53f0.jpg
The one thing I have noticed about writing, and writing for animation is I find myself thinking 'can I animate this' when writing for IClone.

What's your script about?

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I need help with a feature-length project. I have been working on it for many years now.  The script is done. The voice actors are already recorded. Many of the assets for the project have been created. It is called CLICS. If you would like to see the intro where the credits will run let me know and I will send you a demo. 
I built a website to coordinate the project it is not up right now. Years ago I worked on a huge project with filmmakers all over North America - it is a lot of work.  
I would like people to collaborate on this project. 
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Sure send me the link or intro and / tell me what its about.

With teams focusing on specific sections it seems like it would be a lot easier.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

General Picture Animation
General Picture Animation
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Instead of embarking on a feature-length film, why don't you earn your wings with an animated short.
You can tell an awful LOT of story in 5 minutes, if you know what you're doing.
Quality, not quantity.

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Even if people are working remotely
and the film is to be rendered  all in Iclone, who will actually render the final deliverables?.
If you try to have separate teams render parts of the film on their home systems, how will you get  consistant lighting/colorgrade/general look?
and who will be responsible for the purchase of identical content that would need to shared by the teams who will render the finals??
Quality Standards for those doing the actual animation will have to be consistent which will be quite a challenge if some animators have PN/mocap suits and Iphone face capture.
while others are stringing together canned motion clips
and using the basic audio script system for lipsync.
Collabrative projects live & Die( mostly die) by the mangerial experience & skill of the PROJECT MANAGER, not by just having some "cool ideas" for a movie.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

@Data Juggler,  your story sounds wild. My state just legalized recreational mj.
I was thinking if several people have stories, we all read and vote on one to produce. 
I know what you mean about imagining animations as you write.

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@ckalan1 that's great you have a script ready to produce.  I am thinking of what would be most marketable and also easiest to produce collaboratively. So, I imagined whoever joins us submitting whatever scripts they have and the group voting on one to produce.

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@hicksight, thanks for weighing in. Not a big fan of shorts, nor the market for them. 

Nathan

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@AutoDidact, all excellent points. (Are you volunteering as PM?)
Obviously, we'd have to QC renders, and complete post on a single machine. Same for sound, probably.
We can have some control over animation via shot blocking. And those with comparable equipment can take comparable assignments.

Nathan

Reading This Topic