Profile Picture

FBX Export failed Unity3d

Posted By joachimvdm 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
joachimvdm
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Am quite new to CC3 and Iclone 7.

Am trying to export from CC3 to Unity and keep getting the error "fbx export failed" no further information is provided. 

Character base is imported from Daz3d
Clothing is imported and converted from OBJ files

Export works to 3DS Max without any error
Export to Unity 3D fbx format also works with other template models

I have the CC3 pipeline version. Everything is up-to-date
I have tried to move the project to another computer and get the same error. 

Appreciate any helping in pointing me in the right direction in fixing this error. I am assuming I am missing an important step somewhere, but don't know what. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0d31543e-bbb9-4d7a-85ca-7532.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Can you post a screenshot showing your Export settings, including the Advanced panel.

Also, have you tried removing the clothing and accessories? Does this allow FBX export to Unity?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

joachimvdm
joachimvdm
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)Junior Member (144 reputation)

Please find the export settings below. 

Export works if I try to export before making any edits. But after I make a few changes to the pose and add the clothing, I get the same error again. Same thing if I then remove the clothing again. 

I have tried a few different models from the purchased package https://www.daz3d.com/east-asian-men-for-genesis-8-male 

Appreciate any help you can provide

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a862a80b-31e7-415a-a6b1-f78e.png
joachimvdm
joachimvdm
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

In the meantime, I have found a solution to the problem. It seemed there was an error with the OBJ file of the custom clothing I had imported as accessory. I am not sure what the issue was, but when I asked someone with more experience with 3d modeling to re-export the file to OBJ from 3DS Max, that resolved the issue. 

Reading This Topic