Profile Picture

2d Rotation

Posted By declanwalshart 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
declanwalshart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, 
Many thanks for allowing me the opportunity to look at this process early.
I was getting to grips with it today, and just one thing kept coming up for me. Some limbs foreshorten, it would be amazing if the torso and hands did this.
My main question is there a way to have the body switch from front to 45, to the side so the motion created in 3d like a turn could be mimicked in 2d without swapping out the angles.

Hope that makes sense
Thanks
Declan
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
declanwalshart (11/18/2020)
Hi, 
Many thanks for allowing me the opportunity to look at this process early.
I was getting to grips with it today, and just one thing kept coming up for me. Some limbs foreshorten, it would be amazing if the torso and hands did this.
My main question is there a way to have the body switch from front to 45, to the side so the motion created in 3d like a turn could be mimicked in 2d without swapping out the angles.

Hope that makes sense
Thanks
Declan

Thank you for your feedback.
Currently, you can switch show/hide to change different angle characters such as from front to 45 degrees.
At this current stage, Cartoon Animator still doesn't have the ability to turn the body for G3 characters.

You can pass the suggestion to Feedback Tracker.
At this current stage, Cartoon Animator still don't have the ability to turn the body.https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Product/Cartoon-Animator-4?IsSearchReleaseVersion=False&ProductVersion=4.4%20Early%20Access
Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
declanwalshart
declanwalshart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)New Member (95 reputation)

Hi,
Thanks for that, a good idea I didn't think of. I will run a test on this Smile

All the best
Declan
studio.diba
studio.diba
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)Senior Member (324 reputation)

Hi Declan,  You start with a side pose, switch to a front pose in the middle and end with a filp of the side pose. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2567fef9-34b0-4c17-93e4-99c9.gif 
declanwalshart
declanwalshart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi,
Thanks for that, I can see it now Smile

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
studio.diba (11/19/2020)
Hi Declan,  You start with a side pose, switch to a front pose in the middle and end with a filp of the side pose. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2567fef9-34b0-4c17-93e4-99c9.gif 

You can try enable the "Flip body" when applying 3D motion that will easier to do switch front to side.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ed8e7651-12ff-4e98-af43-3e21.png

Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee

Reading This Topic