Profile Picture

Skin Color

Posted By kennar 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kennar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
First, let me preface by saying I'm not an artist and have only been exploring CC3 & Headshot for only a couple days.  It's also clear that there are tonne of good tutorials on Youtube.  With that in mind, I'm a bit stuck with respect to skin color for the head and body (i.e., light around eyes, milk moustache, mismatch with body).  This is post Generate step for Headshot.

Any assistance with the following would be most appreciated.  And, if a video tutorial exists a pointer would be most appreciated.

1. Let's start with a black & white head to make the issue clear.  I've experienced the same with other colour images.
2. Generate in Headshot
3. Set Skin Color. It won't match the body.  This is one problem.
4. The head will also have very light areas around the eyes and a milk moustache.
3. It seems fixing the eyelids is the next step, if ignoring face morphing/sculpting. 
4. Re-Project seems to help at this point
5. Next I assume one should fiddle with the Blend Mask via the Adjust Color pop-up. (It appears that it's not possible to have a "Custom" Face Mask in combination with an Eyelid Mask (e.g., DeLight Strong). Adjusting Softness results in some improvements.

It's at this point that I'm a bit lost.  I have tried editing the Blend Mask in Gimp but didn't notice much of an improvement - likely because I lack the finesse. 
In a way I wouldn't mind having flawless matched skin/lighting across body and face then introduce imperfections.

Again, any hints would be most appreciated.

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi, i really would like to help you.
But for now i can only say that Headshot usually makes a matching body skin to the face.
If you apply different skin presets of course the skin color will not match your headshot face any more.

It is simple: you either have the option to replace the complete skin, including the face skin, or you go the way of improving the face image.
So, what i do if i want to preserve original face skin color, i edit that image in GIMP and than create the headshot of it.
Evertyhing you do afterwards about changing the skin texture will lead to those seams (except in some cases where the skin color actually matches).

Edited
4 Years Ago by 3dtester
kennar
kennar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks.  

I just went through a little exercise with a couple head shot generated models to better understand skin replacement, though I definitely need to read the documentation.  Partial or specific success was primarily found with the Full Skin replacement option.  With the others the face would be altered and I don't yet know how to correct. 

Anyway, with a Black & White starting image Skin -> Full Skin (Default Female) and choosing "NO" to keep modified results produces a reasonable output.  However, the hands are a different shade from the rest of the body.  I assume this is correctable.

Using the BW image was mostly about curiousity.  No doubt it's best to start with quality coloured and lit images.

Edit: Even the "reasonable output" results in alteration in the facial features.  I guess it's necessary to use the morph sliders because re-projecting will revert to a BW.

Edit 2: Don't know if this is correct but Modify -> Skin -> Arm plus hide "Hand Decal" seems to have fixed the shade mismatch with the body.

Edited
4 Years Ago by kennar

Reading This Topic