Mocap Solutions

Posted By Nick GlassB 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Nick GlassB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm with you on that but for the price target3d are charging I could pick up a rokoko suit in the states. Until I can source a suit for a reasonable price here I'm a bit stuck.

Been playing with a site called Deep motion as well which I have free access to. You upload video and it converts it. Had a bit of fun grabbing clips from films etc. Some stuff it does OK on as well as long as background is relatively simple. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I looked at Rokoko but they seem to have a subscription model for their software.

Their information is so muddled that I can't figure out if the Basic free version of the software is of any use. Plus, it is $1000 more in the US. 

Does Noitom ever have Black Friday sales? If so I may wait for that, or otherwise just go for it. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
No Black Friday, Job.  I think the price reduction they made was the first ever - my guess is you'll never get a better deal ever.

And let me remind you (just to be sure) you don't need the iClone piece, even though right now it's on extreme sale (the 20th anniversary sale).  I have it and used it twice and it was practically useless (for one thing it's a HUGE memory hog.  I suspect my Titan with 12GB would run it okay, but on my 8GB 1080 the best I could do was load in the dummy avatar and almost NO scenery or the whole thing would come to a slowdown that didn't work at all).  The suit and 3DX is all you really need (no matter what you have to run the Noitom software that captures anyway, as it feeds into the iClone piece.  So it's just easier to run that piece and capture the performance and bring it in through 3DX.  It also gives you smoothing options which you do not get if you directly import it via the iClone plugin).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hey gang, I’ve been off the forum for a while. Just trying to catch up on threads. Been a long time user of PN since they first came out. I’ve got a 1st gen suit from when they were initially offered. Mike’s assessment is on the money. There are definitely some tricks to using the suit that come in handy.

The only thing I don’t totally agree with as far as KT’s post is that I do use the RL plugin. For me, I make films in 48Hrs so time is a factor. I like being able to test out character blocking in the actual scene, interacting with props and the overall 3D environment real-time instead of guessing if I walked too far and will hit a wall etc. then cutting and tweaking the animation. But that’s just me and how I work. You can totally get away without the plugin and just import. Seems to work like a charm for KT. Just wanted to offer a differnt perspective.

If using the plugin, changing to the lowest settings in clone, turning off physics and GI are a must. Without doing that, you’ll have very jerky animation. Can’t stress enough what KT said about laptops. I’ve always used a laptop as my main rig (Alienware with external graphics accelerator) and switching to a wireless mouse and keyboard are a must! You’ll end up messing up your calibration super quickly if you don’t take those steps. Get a cheap Tesla meter app on your phone and check your house for the best place to set up with the least amount of interference. I’d reach out to Noitom and see if there are better buying options. Their customer service has been really good since I’ve been with them. Best of luck!!!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Thank you both for your insights. I actually have the RL Noitom plugin (bought it when it was on offer), so it seems I can go both ways.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bengjietan
bengjietan
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, a bit off-topic from thread! I am a Perception Neuron user myself. However, I kept having trouble calibrating the sensor. No matter how many calibration via each sensors or suit, some parts of the body will go haywire. For example, the fingers might just point up even though I didn't up. I have tried recalibrating, but it only works for a while before it happens again.

Already contacted the support team from Noitom, did what they say from going through live demo to the changed of sensors.
But the old problems keep coming back. 
I would like to know your opinion or anyone else who has experience with Perception Neuron Mocap Suit! Thanks!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
In the last three years I've had zero issues but I think it comes down to two things:

1) Make sure where you use the suit is magnetically as close to zero as you can get.  I've carefully calibrated my room and made sure there are NO sources of issues (like speakers or getting too close to monitors).

2) Use the magnetic-proof case for the suit after you use it.  I've kept both of my suits in a separate case each and I think this keeps any magnetic issues from happening.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
bengjietan
bengjietan
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (5/11/2021)
In the last three years I've had zero issues but I think it comes down to two things:

1) Make sure where you use the suit is magnetically as close to zero as you can get.  I've carefully calibrated my room and made sure there are NO sources of issues (like speakers or getting too close to monitors).

2) Use the magnetic-proof case for the suit after you use it.  I've kept both of my suits in a separate case each and I think this keeps any magnetic issues from happening.

Thanks for the reply.

1) But how do you make sure that the suit magnetically close to zero? I think it is nearly impossible to avoid any metal, as most things contains some form of metal.
I would like to know where do you use your mocap suit! Do you mind describing the place condition and also any tips to keep the surround magnetically close to zero! 

2) Is the given Perception Neuron case magnetic proof?

Thank you! really appreciated with your reply!

Reading This Topic