Profile Picture

creating content

Posted By jbellis 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jbellis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

I'm very new to all this but am interested in becoming a content developer. Can I create everything in character creator and iclone 7 using base models and just making new designs? How does that work? I'm not well acquainted with blender and the like and would like some guidance before I try to get involved with too much.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Character Creator and iClone are not 3D modellers so you can't create completely new clothing meshes from scratch in either product. To create custom meshes like clothing or accessories will require the work done in dedicated 3D modelling software like 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Blender etc and then you import these into Character Creator 3 Pipeline.

What you can do in Character Creator is create ultra realistic custom characters using morph sliders and powerful features SkinGen or the Headshot plug-in (require separate purchase). You can also take existing clothing and create custom textures for them. For this you will just need an image editor. Almost any image editing software will do from Photoshop to the free Gimp software.

Any characters you create can them be animated within iClone 7 and/or exported out to game engines such as Unreal or Unity (Character Creator 3 Pipeline required for export to 3rd party software).

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
jbellis
jbellis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply. I understand that modeling is done in other programs but what if I create a terrain in iclone 7 (using photoshop or gimp to customize), or buildings/whatever. Can those be sold?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Yes any content you make including terrains can be sold in the Reallusion Marketplace.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Peter (RL) (11/7/2020)
Yes any content you make including terrains can be sold in the Reallusion Marketplace.

Hi Peter....

Sorry to jump in here but I have a similar question and thought it would be better here than a new thread....

How do you save a modified CC3+ character that would be created in CC3 to sell in the Reallusion store?  I have 4 characters I have created and exported as Blender files which I sell on my company website, however I am sure people making purchases in the Reallusion store want CC3 characters they could use and morph in CC3 or just easily import into iClone.  To add clothing too... clothing is more expensive for these models than clothing for me personally LMAO!!!  So the characters come with basic covering.  CC3 would make it easier for people to dress these characters.

Thanks in advance....

Hi Jbellis... sorry to intrude.

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Edited
3 Years Ago by michelle_446559
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
michelle_446559 (2/11/2021)
Peter (RL) (11/7/2020)

Hi Peter....

Sorry to jump in here but I have a similar question and thought it would be better here than a new thread....

How do you save a modified CC3+ character that would be created in CC3 to sell in the Reallusion store?  I have 4 characters I have created and exported as Blender files which I sell on my company website, however I am sure people making purchases in the Reallusion store want CC3 characters they could use and morph in CC3 or just easily import into iClone.  To add clothing too... clothing is more expensive for these models than clothing for me personally LMAO!!!  So the characters come with basic covering.  CC3 would make it easier for people to dress these characters.

Thanks in advance....

I have 4 characters I have created and exported as Blender files which I sell on my company website

Have you read the Reallusion EULA

4. You are authorized the use of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, 3D models, andthe like) of Content. Any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only forpersonal and non-commercial use. The amount of reproductions is limited to 10. Additionally, youmay not grant other entities or individuals the rights to produce such physical representations of theContent except for the sole purpose of providing the print for personal use.

5. If the content you have purchased includes the Export License, Reallusion grants you a nonexclusive, worldwide, Royalty-Free license to export Content via 3DXchange Pipeline versioninto .fbx, .bvh, .obj or other 3D file formats. You may then embed converted content in games andapplications for personal, commercial or educational projects. Reallusion Content itself may not berepurposed, transferred, resold, regardless of format. This also applies to 3D content rendered in2D form and vice versa.

Just mentioning this to keep you safe from any legal problems. SmileWhistling

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
wires (2/11/2021)
michelle_446559 (2/11/2021)
Peter (RL) (11/7/2020)

Hi Peter....

How do you save a modified CC3+ character that would be created in CC3 to sell in the Reallusion store?  I have 4 characters I have created and exported as Blender files which I sell on my company website, however I am sure people making purchases in the Reallusion store want CC3 characters they could use and morph in CC3 or just easily import into iClone.  To add clothing too... clothing is more expensive for these models than clothing for me personally LMAO!!!  So the characters come with basic covering.  CC3 would make it easier for people to dress these characters.

Thanks in advance....

I have 4 characters I have created and exported as Blender files which I sell on my company website

Have you read the Reallusion EULA

4. You are authorized the use of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, 3D models, andthe like) of Content. Any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only forpersonal and non-commercial use. The amount of reproductions is limited to 10. Additionally, youmay not grant other entities or individuals the rights to produce such physical representations of theContent except for the sole purpose of providing the print for personal use.

5. If the content you have purchased includes the Export License, Reallusion grants you a nonexclusive, worldwide, Royalty-Free license to export Content via 3DXchange Pipeline versioninto .fbx, .bvh, .obj or other 3D file formats. You may then embed converted content in games andapplications for personal, commercial or educational projects. Reallusion Content itself may not berepurposed, transferred, resold, regardless of format. This also applies to 3D content rendered in2D form and vice versa.

Just mentioning this to keep you safe from any legal problems. SmileWhistling

Hi Gerry...

Hmmmm....  I guess I have misread/misunderstood the "Export" feature that I have paid extra for.  I was assuming I could create items to be used as needed.   Everything I have purchased has been at the more expensive price so I did not have to worry about things like this.  Since I an not an animator, I was going to create characters for others.  Only way to justify the expense for all I have purchased here.   This is VERY concerning now!  

I guess we will see.  All files offered are blender files, not reallusion files. All made up characters from morphs and not exact duplicates of their provided CC3+ characters.  Maybe the Reallusion shop is not right for this.... maybe once I learn to integrate my creations into cartoon creator, I can sell those there. Wink

Thanks for the heads up, if nothing else, I can still offer this service to people  Wink

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Reading This Topic