This entry will be of Hotei, aka the Laughing Buddha. I'm modeling him based on a 3D model/scan I purchased a few years ago.
1) I started out by exporting the CC3 Plus Base Model from Character Creator using Export > OBJ > Nude Character in Bind Pose.
2) I imported the model into Blender using these settings:
3) I set up a Split Screen by dragging the top right corner and creating another window. I imported the reference STL and offset him (moved him to the right) in the second window.
4) I set up a couple Shape Keys (similar to layers which stores vertex positions) and I sculpted a rough resemblance using the Sculpt Tools in Blender.
5) The shape of the reference head did not quite suit me, so I changed it a bit.
6) I exported with these settings:
7) I imported the OBJ and the OBJKey into Character Creator's Morph Slider Editor, creating a morph for both Body and Teeth.
8) I dialed in the character using the Morph Sliders I set up, then set up his skin using SkinGen.
The next stages, the clothing, will be difficult if I can even accomplish it. I may have to go with a substantially different design.