Impossible to edit 'diffuse' file

Posted By esemgee 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
esemgee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Here's an odd one for you guys! I want to change the name on a guitar - at the moment it has Reallusion in a Fender style font. I launch the texture into Photoshop 2020. It is a jpg and I can erase stuff but for the life of me I can't add text. The text wanted appears in the layers but there is no flashing cursor or text in on the image. I have tested other jpeg files and there is no problem. I have actually re-booted my PS preferences as Adobe support hinted this might work, it doesn't! I am unsure this is PS's fault as I have had this happen before with other RL diffuse files, but not all, - and I fixed it somehow, I think by copying and pasting numerous times, but it is annoying. Any ideas?
Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Try edit separately by avoiding to directly handling the original jpg:
on iClone, save the diffuse texture as a file. Open that file with an image viewer, then copy the image (not the file) then paste it into the Photoshop and edit it there. Save it then drag the file into the iClone's diffuse.

ONLY be aware when dragging back, keep an eye on the Opacity image in case you had one, iClone might create a new one overwriting the existing one.

Edited
4 Years Ago by ampertox
esemgee
esemgee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

@ampertox: Thanks! Was beginning to go that route (knew it had lots of copying!) but ended up simply doing a screen grab of original and using that. A lot easier! Now to find out how to stop a tattoo splitting when it meets a 'seam' in the character...trying to put one on the back, spread left and right over the backbone... any ideas?

Reading This Topic