Profile Picture

How do I change the workspace from black background to white?

Posted By crantic 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I change the workspace from black background to white?

Author
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Howdy,
I had found a way to change my workspace from black to white. This morning I started it up, and not only was it back to the black background, but it is running more slowly. I can't figure out how I changed it in the first place, and I am wondering why iClone is running almost as slow as when it was on my last computer? I un-installed iClone and re-installed it to no avail. So, can anyone tell me how to get back to white, and what may be happening regarding speed?
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Changing the scene background is quite simple. Open the Project Settings panel and under "2D Background" click in the Background Color box and select White from the Basic Color section.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ef118f29-41c4-41f5-808d-f10a.png

Answering the second question is almost impossible without detailed information about your system, and you may need to contact Reallusion Support directly for assistance using this link

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Thanks, Gerry. I have been working on this for a while now. Actually, what I was trying to describe was the whole GUI theme. For some reason it went from gray (which I called white because I didn't remember how light it was,) to really black. Now after screwing around with resolutions and such, I suddenly find that it is back to gray. Not sure why, but I like it.
Why did this happen? I don't know, but this morning I decided to go back to 1080p on my Windows 10, even though the fonts are a bit small and more difficult to read. After some research, I found that Microsoft stuck it to us again by forcing us to use 1080p monitors now. I have a 32" 720p monitor, and although *Win 7* could produce a fine-looking screen with it along with the 1080p, in Win 10 enlarges it too much at 720p, and iClone is too big in the GUI. Windows 10 recommends using 1080p in the Display section. But when I use the 1080p setting, everything is grainy and crappy looking. Until I buy a 32" 1080p replacement, I was trying to optimize things again this morning, and my light gray GUI is back. I really don't need any more help now with this, I'm just following up. If however, you have any insights into the "gray" vs. "black" GUI, I am still curious as to what the heck is going on. Thanks again!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4fc65661-1440-4559-8808-0a39.png

GUI
crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, Gerry. I finally figured it out. It was the Sanyo TV/Monitor I had just started using. It was erratic as to whether I would see the correct image, or the blackened image. The reason I was confused is that I have a new gaming tower, and didn't know which component may be causing the trouble. It was a great price because the ebay gamer builder used a rebuilt motherboard and used GTX 1070 in this particular one. i5 9600K and a 1TB SSD with a 2 TB HDD backup. $839 including shipping. I love this computer! I still believe that Windows 7 would have worked, but Windows 10, no. I went from a Samsung 32" 720p TV to a Sanyo 32" 720p TV that was not being used around the house. I expected the Sanyo to do better because it was "younger". Wrong. I am back to using the Samsung until my RCA 32" 1080p TV comes in next week. $110 on special at walmart.com.  $110 + $8 2 yr protection plan. In the meantime, this Samsung does the job well enough. 

Thanks again for trying.
Edited
4 Years Ago by crantic

Reading This Topic