Profile Picture

CA4 iPad workflow

Posted By josiahshepard 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
josiahshepard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have an ipad and woud like to use it to draw animation assets, like characters, scenes and props. I'm new to CA4. It seems to be designed to link with a desktop application for editing PSD's so you can edit assets on the fly. Can anyone rocommend a good workflow for asset creation and editing on the iPad? I have Procreate and Affinity Designer on the iPad, but only free Applications like Krita and GIMP on the desktop. If I could link directly to Procreate on my iPad as my "launch PSD editor" in CA4 that would be ideal, but that doesn't seem likely. Any workflow examples would be apprecaited.

Edited
4 Years Ago by josiahshepard
vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I use clipstudio , for ipad and Window
the ipad version  works exactly like the windowsversion and with the integrated Clipstudio cloud is it easy to sync my data 
I have no try procreate yet, in this case , because clipstudio is my absolutely  favorite drawing tool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

robertstagg123
robertstagg123
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)New Member (68 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I am new too, but I exported five .png files from layers in Procreate. I used Photopea to import the .png files in, and into CA4. 

DanielC_RL
DanielC_RL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Everyone, Our CTA Pipeline doesn't include iPad workflow nor the procreate yet, and we will put this in our wishlist.
If you used to draw in iPad, you could try to use such as Adobe Photoshop / Affinity Designer / Clip Studio Paint on it, and sync the computer with the same software, then it should sync Cartoon Animator perfectly.
The workflow is like what vivi said, and you can use your proficient drawing tool.

Thanks for sharing,
DanielC.
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
josiahshepard (10/5/2020)
I have an ipad and woud like to use it to draw animation assets, like characters, scenes and props. I'm new to CA4. It seems to be designed to link with a desktop application for editing PSD's so you can edit assets on the fly. Can anyone rocommend a good workflow for asset creation and editing on the iPad? I have Procreate and Affinity Designer on the iPad, but only free Applications like Krita and GIMP on the desktop. If I could link directly to Procreate on my iPad as my "launch PSD editor" in CA4 that would be ideal, but that doesn't seem likely. Any workflow examples would be apprecaited.

I use Affinity Designer for iPad, but you can also use Affinity Photo for iPad.
jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I've used Affinity Photo instead of Photoshop on both my iPad and desktop for a long time now. Either verion handles pretty much anything I throw at it, including creating and editing CTA assets. 

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage

Reading This Topic