Profile Picture

Skin gen premium

Posted By Supermikey 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Supermikey
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Exactly,
Primary, as in 33 different textures to use as a starting point.
From my limited time playing around with the programme there might be about five different head textures for caucasians. And they all look like the character has a drink problem with red moses and also covered in freckles.

Very disappointing for me, that's why i quickly lost interest and haven't used it for weeks.
If i'm having to go in and manual edit the head texture to get rid of the excessive redness and freckles. I don't see that as been very good for what i've been charged for.
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I should learn to stay out of these discussions...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by animagic
Supermikey
Supermikey
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I think we have a right moan.
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@Peter (RL) will the Skin gen premium get an update to include displacement masks so we can match them with corresponding scars, electronics etc? 
I was really upset when I bought it, I thought it would have slots for all material types and if it had displacement masking it would be a game changer..
I am bringing this up again as an issue/essential need and also because now it seems that Unreal is now ahead of you in terms of character realism.
When the product came out I immediately added this request to the feedback tracker.. so now, like many on Facebook iClone user groups and customers here are questioning how CC3 will be able to compete, what the response will be to address this issue? Normal maps of winkles are fine at a distance but I have large creatures to model and displacement seems the best way to bring true realism, especially for GPU Raycast Rendering for film. Even filming the face close up would really benefit from displacement wrinkles. Thanks. 

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Ascensi

Thank you for the feedback.

After discussion with the CC team it appears there are issues that prevent displacement being added.

The issues are:

1. Displacement will destruct the edge of UV.
2. Even if a displacement map is used, because the mesh resolution is not very high you can not get the required detail.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Peter ! Thanks for letting me know,  I didn't receive an email about it. Sooo you may be excited to know that It can certainly be done if you use smooth mesh by subdivision level 1.. I have assets that use displacement using more than one UV and even if there is one UV,  the edges will snap tightly together. Some of my displacement models are on the Ascensi store right now your team can verify.

Doing this will add the necessary resolution. Setting tessellation to anymore than level 2  would be problematic but that could of been an incompatibility between Iray and smooth mesh by subdivision since it is not yet compatible in Iray but also RTX cards were not compatible with Iray until this most recent update.  You can additionally close UV gaps by adjusting the multiplier for each bogy material which can skip the need to use smooth mesh by subdivision.  So I really hope you test this and see it work because it would be a BIG breakthrough for creatures, robots and humans. If people were careful and maybe a side note should be made in SkinGen Prem that if they don't use smooth mesh by subdivision that they would have to place the displacement mask away from UVs.  I think your other concern about quality could be addressed by up sample the character material resolution to 8k  I did this in Zbrush then when i imported the 8k textures I didn't have to use smooth mesh by subdivision.. instead I adjust the displacement multiplier until each part closed the gap.. This is a render in Iray:

May be an image of sculpture
Here is a full CC3 Bear character with displacement using the exact same method I first described, Rampa had worked with my character to verify this.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Ascensi

Reading This Topic