Profile Picture

G2 Character Rotation

Posted By mondhillon 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mondhillon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
When I bring a G2 front character onto the scene, I am first asked what angle I would like the character at, but whatever angle I choose, the character still remains at 0 degree (front angle).Even when I go into the 3D motion key editor, the character will not rotate with the angle that I am choosing, the arms and legs make little goofy movements but the body does not rotate, I do check-off the rotate button. See the attached movie file to see the sequence that I follow. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Attachments
20200924_232158.gif (20 views, 3.00 MB)
Edited
4 Years Ago by mondhillon
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 minutes ago
Those look to be G1 characters with each one being at a different angle.
When you open a G1 character it will try to convert to a G2 character so select the angle that is closest to that at which it is drawn.
Even though it will be converted to a G2 character it will not have all the angles properly defined since that info was not available.
With some work you could possibly build a full G2 character from the multiple G1 character angles.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic