Profile Picture

Welcome! Notes to all CTA & AE talents - SHOWCASE YOURSELF!

Posted By Minnie (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Welcome! Notes to all CTA & AE talents - SHOWCASE YOURSELF!

Author
perry_496801
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does this work with CS6 AE?
Minnie (RL)
Minnie (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
perry_496801 (10/8/2020)
Does this work with CS6 AE?

Yes, The Cartoon Animator - AE Script is compatible with the following versions of After Effects:
CC 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018
CS 6, CS 5

Garry Pye (RL)
Garry Pye (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Playing around with animation from Cartoon Animator using the After Effects plug in. I was easily able to change the overall colour of the scene, and add some camera depth so the background was blurred, while still maintaining focus on the character. This plug in has a lot of potential. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Garry Pye (RL)
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I remember getting the script to work in cartoon animator 4.3, however I just upgraded to 4.4 
and when I export the scene to AE, I get the layers to export with the animation, but all the 
z info on the layers is gone.  Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Iwan
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
RL wrote this:

[After Effects Workflow Issue]

Issue: The Z-Axis failed to transfer to After Effects after having activated 3D Motion Converter's Z-Axis.

Workaround:
Set the Z-Axis data directly in After Effects.

Issue: When the "Body Flip" option is activated in Motion Link or 3D Motion Converter for and exported to After Effects, the character has a tendency to lean right when flipped in the side-view. 

Workaround: Manually adjust the object positioning in After Effects.

Issue: When a key is set on the Z-axis and the character is exported to After Effects, the linked accessories tend to drift away in the side-view.

Workaround: Manually adjust the position of the props in After Effects.

Issue: When "Flip Root" is performed on linked props and sent to After Effects, only the character is flipped, not the props.

Workaround: Activate linking inside After Effects.

As seen in this thread:

https://forum.reallusion.com/465704/00-CTA-44-Known-Issue-How-to-Fix

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Thanks for the heads-up and the link to the thread with 4.4 issues.

Although my issue is probably related to the one already in the thread,
I also think it's different as I haven't used any 3d motion in my scene.
I even tried it on the demo scene that's available on the AE script page
which predates any 3D motion features and I get the same error in AE.

So this issue probably needs to be added to the list.

E1
Edited
4 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok so my mistake here.  After a little more testing, trying to uninstall the 3d motion plugin
and rolling back to previous version of CTA, I discovered that the problem was I needed 
to open the scene composition in After Effects, for the layers to take up their Z positions.

Duh! That just shows I need to brush up on my AE skills Smile

Reading This Topic