Profile Picture

Welcome! Notes to all CTA & AE talents - SHOWCASE YOURSELF!

Posted By Minnie (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Welcome! Notes to all CTA & AE talents - SHOWCASE YOURSELF!

Author
Minnie (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Dear all CTA & AE talents, 

This is a place for all users to openly share your experience of AE script for Cartoon Animator and showcase your work using it.

What do you think about our AE Script? We want to hear from you!

It’s super useful!
Your satisfaction motivates us. We would love to know more about how our AE script facilitates your workflow. Share your before&after of your animated project from Cartoon Animator to After Effects with our forum community, help other talents create something awesome.

I think there's room to improve.
   Your feedback motivates us, too. we take your voice seriously, so please don’t hesitate to leave your issue and comment here. Our team is ready and waiting to help put the right things for you.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Minnie (RL)
danielpojda
danielpojda
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
It's awesome! Good job!

no issues, no problems
Garry Pye (RL)
Garry Pye (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Love the green smoke effect!
Garry Pye (RL)
Garry Pye (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

I have never used After Effects before. This is my first time and I only subscribed to After Effects so I could use the new free Plug In. My results so far are rudimentary and basic at best, but with time and practice I know my skills will grow. I share my results here with you to motivate others.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Garry Pye (RL)
etourist
etourist
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Don't get me wrong, I think the new AE pipeline is amazing but I'm kind of disappointed the alternative pipeline of Object Based Sequence Exports for people who, for whatever reason, don't use AE is barely a footnote in the promotion of the 4.3 update.

Given the number of users who ask about Photoshop Alternatives, it's obvious a significant subsection of CA users would be very appreciative of how OBS Exports can benefit those that don't use AE. The only reason I saw this update was I happened to be doing an export and saw the new OBS Export feature. Had no idea what it was about so I looked in the online manual.

People have been quite interested in it after I posted my recent blog post to the CA FB groups. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the AE pipeline it's still a pretty great update for non AE users.

After Effects for the Rest of Us.
http://www.animationandvideo.com/2020/09/after-effects-for-rest-of-us-reallusion.html

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
etourist (9/29/2020)
Don't get me wrong, I think the new AE pipeline is amazing but I'm kind of disappointed the alternative pipeline of Object Based Sequence Exports for people who, for whatever reason, don't use AE is barely a footnote in the promotion of the 4.3 update.

Given the number of users who ask about Photoshop Alternatives, it's obvious a significant subsection of CA users would be very appreciative of how OBS Exports can benefit those that don't use AE. The only reason I saw this update was I happened to be doing an export and saw the new OBS Export feature. Had no idea what it was about so I looked in the online manual.

People have been quite interested in it after I posted my recent blog post to the CA FB groups. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the AE pipeline it's still a pretty great update for non AE users.

After Effects for the Rest of Us.
http://www.animationandvideo.com/2020/09/after-effects-for-rest-of-us-reallusion.html

Yes, it would be nice to have additions and products that don't depend on Adobe products.  In this age in time, many people are using non-Adobe products as well.

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Davinci Resolve,  Davinci Resolve Fusion, Corel, etc....  just to name a few.   We need to see more non-Adobe scripts so that everyone can benefit.
Nothing wrong with AE, but non-Adobe users should be taken care of as well.

toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Minnie (RL) (9/23/2020)
Dear all CTA & AE talents, 

This is a place for all users to openly share your experience of AE script for Cartoon Animator and showcase your work using it.

What do you think about our AE Script? We want to hear from you!

It’s super useful!
Your satisfaction motivates us. We would love to know more about how our AE script facilitates your workflow. Share your before&after of your animated project from Cartoon Animator to After Effects with our forum community, help other talents create something awesome.

No, I don’t like it…
   Your feedback motivates us, too. we take your voice seriously, so please don’t hesitate to leave your issue and comment here. Our team is ready and waiting to help put the right things for you.

In this age in time, many people are using non-Adobe products as well.  Everyone should be included.

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Davinci Resolve,  Davinci Resolve Fusion, Corel, etc....  just to name a few.   We need to see more non-Adobe scripts so that everyone can benefit.
Nothing wrong with AE, but non-Adobe users should be taken care of as well.
apyorick1
apyorick1
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Actually, the beauty of this new feature (at least, the Object Based Sequence render option) is that it CAN be used in other editors. In this quick example, you can see the original animation done in CA4 in the upper right PIP while the main view is the same scene rendered out in OBS and imported into HitFilm Express where I threw all kinds of effects at it (which is why it doesn't make much logical sense BigGrin ), but you can see that it works perfectly and really opens up the options for this! I'm sure the OBS will work as well in other editors with VFX capabilities.
apyorick1
apyorick1
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I should also note that etourist (above) is exactly right that this feature isn't promoted well...in fact, I found out about it because he pointed it out on the Facebook page (sorry, I didn't realize you were one and the same person) and I since found it buried in the manual.
etourist
etourist
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

In theory the output from the AE export could be used in other applications as well it's just a lot harder to reconstruct manually keeping the x, y, z, co-ordinates intact (assuming there are comparable apps to AE with z-plane support) and you still need the camera key information from the JSON file. Potentially you could create plug-ins for any app that can interpret the JSON file into something usable.

If you think about it, Reallusion could even create an iClone export plug-in where your project is imported as 2D planes in 3D space in iClone (essentially, exactly as it looks in the 3D view in CA4). You'd then be able to apply all the lighting effects, or have a true 3D camera for your scenes etc. that iClone has to offer. It would also be a breeze to put 2D characters into a 3D environment. You could potentially create a pipeline similar to iClone and Unreal where you can animate in CA4 and see the results in iClone.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator

Reading This Topic