Profile Picture

Export Facial and Motion to Unreal

Posted By ashleighclaytoncreative 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ashleighclaytoncreative
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi everyone so I am creating a cinematic in Unreal and I am attempting to apply a facial animation I created in Iclone to my Iclone CC3 character that I have imported to Unreal (Yes I have the live link, no it doesn't work right so I gave up on that for now as I have limited time to finish this project). So far I can get the facial animation into Unreal but it puts the character body into the T pose, is there a way to keep it from having the tpose? I have tried taking the animation from unreal (horse riding) and putting it into Iclone but I can't export the two things together from Iclone as one animation. I've tried using the motionplus but it refuses to do both motion and face even though I have the boxes checked. I've tried using the 3Dxchange platform as well but no luck it wants to keep the two animations separate. I'm assuming its a skeleton thing as the riding animation uses the standard unreal skeleton, but so does my cc3 model when she is in Unreal. I used 3dxchange to get the riding animation into Iclone without issue. Any suggestions on getting these two animations to work as one?
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Have you tried attaching the character to the horse? This used to be an old way to bring in props before the recent update with Live Link. Further you should be able to export the FBX from iClone and bring it into Unreal with full animation. I've done this dozens of times and there's a whole thread going on tricks people are finding to do music videos and other fun crazy stuff. If you click on the avatar in iClone and press export all animations should be coming over with that FBX just also make sure to export the full range of frames. 
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Further try this:
https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Content/iClone_7/Pro_7.4/09_MotionPlus/What_is_MotionPlus.htm
ashleighclaytoncreative
ashleighclaytoncreative
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)

I did think of that, the issue I've found seems to be even bigger than just Iclone. I can't even bring in mixamo animations anymore either. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Unreal update to 4.25.3 because I didn't have any issues using mixamo in Unreal in 4.24. Same with Iclone, I could bring animations in for the previous version just not this one. 
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This is strange since I've been using Maximo animations in iClone 7.8 and Unreal Engine 4.25.3 fine. Literally just created a sequence animations with these yesterday, exported the FBX with both facial and body animations and dropped them into a sequence animation with assets from Unreal. The whole thing animated fine and works seamlessly with no issue. Are you converting these or did you grab them from one of the pre downloaded links floating around the internet? 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Power Ten Productions
ashleighclaytoncreative
ashleighclaytoncreative
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I was downloading directly from the Mixamo site as I have an adobe subscription. I fixed the Mixamo issue by not trying to retarget in Unreal but instead uploaded the Unreal mannequin to Mixamo. Still no clue about Iclone, though I might be able to do the same thing import the Mannequin to Iclone do the animations and then take it back to Unreal. 
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Mate can you help me on this. When i try to import my Motion from CC3 into unreal it crash at very end of the transfering. it happend 2x so i hope to find some help here. i think i did somehing wrong. In the Tutorials from February 2020 Kai only covers the LiveLink import to unreal. But i dont have 2000€. i hope here is a way to import my facial to make astonishing cinematics. so sad everything specially the support via ticketing...why they dont have discord ?! so sad everything
ashleighclaytoncreative
ashleighclaytoncreative
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

carlo1981 (9/25/2020)
Hey Mate can you help me on this. When i try to import my Motion from CC3 into unreal it crash at very end of the transfering. it happend 2x so i hope to find some help here. i think i did somehing wrong. In the Tutorials from February 2020 Kai only covers the LiveLink import to unreal. But i dont have 2000€. i hope here is a way to import my facial to make astonishing cinematics. so sad everything specially the support via ticketing...why they dont have discord ?! so sad everything

I'm assuming you're exporting it as an FBX? If its a really long animation that could be why. If you haven't already I suggest running it through 3Dcxchange before sending it to unreal or exporting it from Iclone. Also, depending on what you're doing Indie game studios can get the live link for free. I was able to get the live link that way and was sadly dissapointed in its performance so I'm really glad I didn't spend money on it. 

carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)

yeah i have a studio, i dont generate any money just try to make a Game, have patreon, Artstation Youtube active for this project, how do i get this Livelink indiestudio permission ? whats the requirement ?
shortly workflow:
i create facial animation on an idle character, select the clip via clip colector and save it as motion plus like in the tutorial. i switch to cc3 and export it via unreal option, mesh & motion and load in the saved motion, hit export and go.
in UE i import first only the mesh, after this i save my project in unreal and load in the motion/animation ( idle with facial anim.)
there it crashs after almost everything is compiled.  ( the facial animation is 20 sec. long)

i think i found the issue.  i have to save the facial animation without the body, right ? but i don understand how is this working together in unreal when its seperated ?! if this is the problem i will get angry ^^ just joking
thanks for fast reply
Edited
4 Years Ago by carlo1981
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

for permission of the indistudio  livelink you will need iclone ( i have) and 3DxChange, i dont have...lol. I just have CC3+ 

Reading This Topic