Profile Picture

Interpolation is completely broken on in betweens, or am I just stupid?

Posted By sshoro.art Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Interpolation is completely broken on in betweens, or am I just...

Author
sshoro.art
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey everyone.  I started using iClone to capture and edit mocap animations for work.  I just started using this a month ago, so I may very well be using this wrong and I'm seeking some help/advice.

Inbetweens sometime seem completely broken and unusable in iClone.  Not all the time - some mocap animations I can edit without much fuss, in fact, iClone has a lot of convenient features for this.  But sometimes the inbetweens that are generated when I edit keys are so broken it makes me want to cry.  Rotations on the joints going all over the place, going negative randomly, and creating inhuman animations that need to be fixed frame by frame.  It's the worst inbetweening I've ever seen any program do, and it can take hours to fix.

I've tried some advice I saw on here to break the clips up so that I completely delete the offending frames and then re-connect my keys together after.  Does not work for me.  The inbetweens generated still rotate inhumanly without any cause as to why.

I'm at my limit here.  It's got to be something I'm doing wrong, right?  Like it can't possibly be this bad.  It's practically unusable on some of my animations.  I've spent all day just trying to work with two animation clips and make my joints not freak out all over the place.  Please help.

The mocap data is captured using the Kinect plugin.  I try to make sure the motion capture is as clean as possible.  However, going in and rotating joints to edit the animation afterwards almost always results in wonky inbetweens, where fixing one frame means ruining all the surrounding ones.  My model is using a Mixamo rig which was properly set to Maya Human IK in 3dxchange.

Reading This Topic