Profile Picture

New and Floating/Sitting Question

Posted By seth.hymes 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
seth.hymes
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Everyone - 
I'm really loving the software and was able to whip up a basic animation in just under a few hours. 
However once thing I've noticed -all the motions and actions are for standing characters. In life and in cartoons people sit too while exclaiming, talking, etc. Every time I apply an emotive action it brings the character to a standing position and I try to keyframe it back to sitting but then the character ends up floating and I can't see on the timeline why this is happening. 

Also some of the tutorials I've seen are quite old, for "crazy talk" when they address 3d motion editing. Can anyone direct me to a newer guide on this?
Thanks, 
Seth

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi...

You mention the 3D Motion Key Editor which is for the older G2 characters. Please let us know if you are using G2 characters or the latest 3D characters because the way they are animated does differ between generations. Once we know a bit more about the characters being used we can point you to the right tutorials. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

seth.hymes
seth.hymes
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Peter, I was using G3 characters not 2G. I was trying to say that with the G3 characters I was only able to do face pupeterring but didn't know how to easily maneuver the body because there was no body puppet option like with the 2G characters. 

I ended up manually keyframing the character into a sitting position and it held with the gestures and facial motions, so it all worked out. 

That said, I just purchased the Buddy's World system and it's great, but I am not sure how to make the characters turn around - like if I have a character running away from another one how do I show their back? 

Thanks for the response and support. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by seth.hymes

Reading This Topic