Profile Picture

Setup.exe stopped working in Vista with Crazytalk 5.0

Posted By erniewhite 16 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
erniewhite
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I am no longer to close or open Crazytalk5.0 in Vista.  It also won't let me uninstall.  I don't want to try uninstall from command prompt and DOS.  Has anyone else had this problem?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems with Crazytalk 5.

I'm a little puzzled by how you aren't able to close it if you can't open it in the first place and vice versa. Maybe the program had just stopped responding and needed closing from the task manager.

If you find the program unresponsive you can open the Task Manager by Right Clicking on the Task Bar and choosing Task Manager. Then select Crazytalk 5 and choose to End Task.

If you are able to close the program then you should find it will then open again afterwards as long as the Crazytalk executable has been cleared from the task list. A restart of your computer will also remove it from the task list.

If this does not help your problem then contact support for further help. You can use the support form to request assistance. Please give as much detail as you can about the problem and describe what you were doing when the problem first occured. The more information given normally helps resolve it quicker.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

erniewhite
erniewhite
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
When I said close I meant it won't let me uninstall.  It won't start.  I get the message setup.exe has stopped working.  I get the same message when I try to uninstall.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Hi,

Have you been in contact with support? They will be the best bet for a resolution to this problem. Use the link I gave previously for the support form.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Wayne From Miller
Wayne From Miller
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Ernie,
Did your problem ever get resolved ?
I am having the same problem can't install till I uninstall and can't uninstall.
Quite a circle
delaneyg
delaneyg
Posted 16 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 16 Years Ago
Im getting the same thing setup.exe, it wont let me uninstall or install programms an its pissing me off i only put it together 3 days ago and its already playing up
getmaven
getmaven
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 15 Years Ago
I've been using iClone 2 and iClone 3 on both my vista and xp machines without problem. But my CrazyTalk 5.0 doesn't work on the Vista Machine. I've already submitted my problem via the form but this still has not been resolved. Anyone with a solution? I'm praying the money I've spent on Crazytalk does not go to waste.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

getmaven (2/19/2009)
I've been using iClone 2 and iClone 3 on both my vista and xp machines without problem. But my CrazyTalk 5.0 doesn't work on the Vista Machine. I've already submitted my problem via the form but this still has not been resolved. Anyone with a solution? I'm praying the money I've spent on Crazytalk does not go to waste.

Have you updated your copy of Crazytalk 5 to version 5.1? This may help resolve your problem.

If you have already contacted support then you should hear from them soon. As long as your PC meets the minimum requirements then you should be able to run Crazytalk 5 in Vista without problems as it is a supported OS.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic