Profile Picture

iClone 3dXchange4 problem

Posted By pauline.joy 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pauline.joy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Having upgraded from 3DXchange2 because of the advertised new functionality of being able to export .obj's to other programs. I was amazed to discover that this advertised functionality does not work - on MANY of iClone's purchased products the option to export as obj for use in other programs is greyed out. I can only theorise that this may have something to do with protecting content copyright. If so I believe this should be CLEARLY stated in the advertisment.

If. on the other hand 3DXchange4 can only export SOME of iClone's content for use elsewhere, I believe this should also be CLEARLY stated in the promotions ........ grrrrrrrr

Wolfzone Digital
Wolfzone Digital
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
That's an interesting point. Can you list a couple of the items that this is happening with. Would be interesting to see if others are experiencing the same issue with some of the models

WOLF'S TRADING POST IS OPEN COME IN FOR A VISIT

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/680ac2cc-79cf-4f18-bede-82c9.png

"May you one day see what my eyes have seen...and be better for it" - Wolf
www.wolfzonedigital.com

pauline.joy
pauline.joy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6WiSvjAFo

Because I usually just google in content from the web and from my Poser archives I find that I have not yet purchased a lot of props from Reallusion. None of the Medieval City Elements will export as obj's and neither will the flowing hair / dress elements (why would anyone export flowing elements as obj's you might well ask?). Also a couple of individual items from the newsletters.

Enough to cause a serious headache to someone who combines the use of Poser and iClone to produce subtle and/or broad animations - how do we know if content bought at Reallusion will also work in Poser ??? as advertised ????

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I just tried to export the Castle from the 100 year war pack and that will not allow me to export it.. What I dont understand is why does it matter if i use the content in poser instead of Iclone as long as RL has been paid for use of the content. If its to stop them been used in games then why not have a different licence if you intend to do this ?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Oh dear... this is indeed sounding like a problem.

I can tell you why I'd want to export the flowing cloth at least... this is because I like to paint right on the objects themselves and not GUESS at where things are suppose to go in the UV Map. I suggested that we be able to do a basic version of this like we can with the faces... but som didn't find that useful. (right...) well seeing as we can't export it as well, this could also cause an issue.

EDIT: Oh I just thought of something... can all the clonecloth items be exported? I'm REALLY hoping that's a yes.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Edited
14 Years Ago by Dreamcube017
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

You can export dylan clonecloth so I hope the same goes for all clonecloth Smile

pauline.joy
pauline.joy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

UPDATE

The problem appears to be in 3DXchange4 not recognising which items are on trial and which items have been purchased. Running the 1-click verification feature (available from the ? button in iClone) : then rebooting does NOT cure the problem however - 3DXchange still thinks you are trying to export stuff that does not rightfully belong to you.

I am going to try redownloading purchased content to see if this helps - wish me luck Smile

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Dylan is a default Cloth that I believe can be redistributed.

I am dead curious, did someone try to export CCD content? Does it work on 3rd Party Cloths you ave purchased?

Please advice. Smile

Thanks!

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

pauline.joy
pauline.joy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

UPDATE to the UPDATE

AH problem solved ! The problem lies in Reallusion's attitude towards 3D EXCHANGE.

Whilst you have access to ALL the content produced by other vendors in the 3D marketplace you MAY NOT use Reallusion's own highly detailed and accurate meshes, purchased at (some would say highly inflated prices) in any other program other than iClone. It is called Digital Rights Management and the spirit in which the WORLD WIDE WEB was born.

My hopes and dreams that perhaps one day iClone could become an incredibly useful tool by permitting registered owners to export the animations they create in iClone to other programs for enhancment are vanishing into Scotch mist. Reallusion's attitude of EVERYTHING in but NOTHING shared is so refreshing in these days of Wikipedia and YOU TUBE and Twittering and Facebook and all the rest. Who wants to do work for which there is no hope of reimbursment????

Anyone for animation, dahlings ?

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

HI
I have to admit to been confused about RLs thinking on this, if I go to Turbosquid and buy a model they go out of their way to ensure I get the model in the most useful format for me. Now Iclone models been locked to the Iclone program is limiting the sale possibilities for these models, why doesn’t RL want poser users to buy 3Dexchange and then buy Iclone models to use in Poser, Blender whatever as long as its bought and paid for ?

Reading This Topic