Profile Picture

iClone FPS shows as intermittently dropping below 60 FPS?

Posted By TonyDPrime 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone FPS shows as intermittently dropping below 60 FPS?

Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
RL or anyone - Does anyone have, or ever come to solve, an issue I am experiencing in Live Face through Motion Live.
It appears that iClone can't keep a steady sync at 60 FPS and it drops below it.  I can't tell if this is Nvidia driver, background process, or what.
It is a problem because in that instant where iClone shows the FPS suddenly drop and then bounce back to 60FPS, there is a skip that will, in fact, be recorded into the timeline and show like a glitch-skip of animation in the timeline.

I do not believe it is network, and I have tried different set up variations, the best being when tethered USB to my phone...for example, on wifi, sometimes it can lag, but iClone, in these instances, will not show a dip in FPS. 
But when iClone *itself* system-wise displays the dip below 60FPS, and skips, it shows as a skip in the render.
Edited
4 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Well, I have an update.  I decided to shut down and reboot my PC, and now I am getting a steady 60 FPS that I had been previously achieving a couple days ago.
This tells me it is something system wise that is causing it, but have no idea what it could be.
Almost like time on the clock makes the PC tired and run slower.
Any ideas what could it be?

I have my own theory actually, and this is anecdotal and more of a conspiracy theory, but it happens to me all the time...
DAZ.
I swear, it seems like when I use Daz Studio, I pay a price...
It always seems to F-up my PC as afterwards I start seeing many odd issues, to the point where I shut down the whole PC and then start up again. 
I think I maybe have discovered another victim of Daz, Motion Live.
So, if anyone is getting poor performance, you may want to try rebooting your PC.  You might just get it working better again. 
But I wish I knew technically what may be happening... less free RAM?...just a tired PC....? 
A GHOST ??!??!??!!
Garry_Seven_of_one
Garry_Seven_of_one
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

TonyDPrime (9/3/2020)
Well, I have an update.  I decided to shut down and reboot my PC, and now I am getting a steady 60 FPS that I had been previously achieving a couple days ago.
This tells me it is something system wise that is causing it, but have no idea what it could be.
Almost like time on the clock makes the PC tired and run slower.
Any ideas what could it be?

I have my own theory actually, and this is anecdotal and more of a conspiracy theory, but it happens to me all the time...
DAZ.
I swear, it seems like when I use Daz Studio, I pay a price...
It always seems to F-up my PC as afterwards I start seeing many odd issues, to the point where I shut down the whole PC and then start up again. 
I think I maybe have discovered another victim of Daz, Motion Live.
So, if anyone is getting poor performance, you may want to try rebooting your PC.  You might just get it working better again. 
But I wish I knew technically what may be happening... less free RAM?...just a tired PC....? 
A GHOST ??!??!??!!

Hey Tony, how are you. I’m getting real problems with motion live right now. I have audio track in iclone and I’m miming the first verse to a song. It’s showing 60fps when recording on iPhone with Ethernet connection to PC. Viewport in minimal mode as well. After recording, when I play back, the lip sync movements start about 1.5 seconds before the lyrics come in so it’s really kind of useless. I’m assuming it’s dropping frames during recording even though is says it’s a steady 60fps, so when played back it’s out of sync. Any ideas? Thanks.

Garry, Clearstream, Seven_of_one
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8c0246a-f887-417d-9f3c-b22c.png
My Pinterests

Reading This Topic