Profile Picture

Faceware Live issues

Posted By NoBootyJudy 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NoBootyJudy
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey gang, so I've purchased faceware and have activated the serial number but cannot for the life of me "open" or run the program. Cannot find the application to start it in any of my files and reallusion hub does not give me any options either - just remains gray or to uninstall. Throw this braindead monkey a banana and help me out, please.

- thanks
wnblackadder
wnblackadder
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have the same problem. During the trial version, there was a faceware icon from where i could start the webcam application. Now there is only the hub and within it says faceware is installed but for fuck sake there is no way to start the application to connect to motion live within iclone. "klick the green circle" in motion live......... well, how the fuck should that work if there is no data source to connect to?
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
The Faceware part that the camera connects to is a Faceware application called Realtime for iClone (RealtimeForiClone.exe).

It's located in: C:\Program Files\Faceware\RealtimeForiClone.

When I installed it, an icon appeared on my desktop for it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wnblackadder
wnblackadder
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)

There is no Faceware folder, nor is there an application called "RealtimeForiClone.exe" anywhere on my machine. According to the realusion hub, Motion Live plugin is installed as well as the Faceware profile. If there is some extra step to install the external faceware realtime app (which should be included within the Faceware profile), then there is no hint within the hub and neither on any part of the websites. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Try this: On your RL member page, select Order, and then search for Faceware. That should list a download link for Realtime for iClone.

You should also have received those links when you bought Faceware. Note that the profile itself is not enough.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wnblackadder
wnblackadder
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ok, thanks. That program is not only burried where no one ever looks, but the licences activation process seems to also need a degree in digital f*ckery. If anything, that should be the very first paragraph in the manual. Than you again for the hint, issue fixed.

Reading This Topic