A full Rigging toolset

Posted By will2power71 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I think it's time to bring up something that we all lament but is overlooked with each release of iClone. Most decisions I can understand from Reallusion's standpoint, but this one just escapes me. Why doesn't iClone have an honest-to-goodness rigging tool set? Right now we're having to go to external applications for basically all of our rigging needs, but because of this --we're robbed of essential tools that open things up to greater possibilities. Right now, we can rig things to a character, but we can't add rigging and a control system to a character, so if you want to add a tail, you can't easily do it. You can parent a figure with bones to the character, but you can't easily animate it because you have no spline ik system. The best we have is a paid addon that does a good job but it's not a rigging system. We need rigs for Serpents, Horses, Dogs, Birds, and many other possibilities which simply don't exist in iClone. This puts a serious damper in creativity because we're forced to live within a box that is too small for our animating worlds. What I suggest is adding some prebuilt rigs that could be applied to any figure or combined in ways that make all manner of creatures and machines possible. And what I'm talking about isn't just the bones, but the control systems that make it easy to animate. If you'd like an example of what I'm talking about, Allright Rig for Unreal would be a good start:

The thing is, you can't anticpate everyone's needs so the best approach is to give  them a wide assortment of general rigs that can be pieced together to create what the user wants, rather than limiting us to one or two options. I have created a feedback issue with this in mind. Make your voice heard if you agree.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/It-s-past-time-for-us-to-have-a-Rigging-Toolset-don-t-you-think

Reading This Topic