3dxchange4 resource pack help

Posted By jleao 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jleao
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I´m probably just stupid and asking stupid questions but...when i read the description of the resource pack it said: "iClone Developer's Resource Pack is designed by professional iClone content creators, aiming to help iClone users to quickly master the pipeline of importing animated characters from professional 3D tools such as Autodesk 3DS MAX, Maya, and DAZ".

OK, i just see FBX files and such...nothing teaching how to "quickly master the pipeline of importing those files" . What am i missing?

One more thing...And once again this is from a beginner in 3d: I see pipeline videos for everything, except the most used 3d software on the planet, 3ds max. (ok, maybe Blender is the most used because its free). Once again, what am i missing? I see sketchup, Maya, Belender, Daz, Poser...How do i export a FBX from 3ds max in the best way to work with iclone

Thanks for your help.

Edited
14 Years Ago by jleao
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Jleao,

The content in the 3DXchange Resource pack is there to show the high quality output you can get when using 3DXchange 4.0. They are not strictly teaching aids but examples and when used alongside the videos I posted HERE should enable you to follow the same pipeline.

When it comes to 3DS Max there is already a huge amount of documentation in the Developer Center explaining how to use it alongside iClone4. You also have the iClone plugin which allows direct export to iClone without the need to go the FBX to 3DXchange route.

If you are a 3DS Max user and haven't already, i would get the plugin and read through some of the documentation over there in the DC. It should be remembered that 3DXchange came about originally because very few hobbyists can afford the many thousands of dollars it costs to purchase Max. 3DXchange 4.0 now allows those with other 3D software to enjoy the majority of the benefits that Max users have had for some time.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic