Profile Picture

Multiple very annoying problems from CC3.3

Posted By path.to.the.future 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
path.to.the.future
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi RL staff, I have recently updated to CC3.3 and bought your 3-in-1 morph/skingen/makeup pack. However, I encountered multiple issues that need to be fixed ASAP.

1. I use Blender 2.83 and the 3.3+ female default base, and when I import the OBJ with Z up, the feet aren't on the ground plane.
2. The imported OBJ's texture is totally misplaced UPON IMPORT, ie: face is on the neck, the rest of body looks like frankenstein.
3. For morph slider creation purposes, the import/export settings changed again. The past solutions posted in the forum aren't working anymore. Please post an official instruction for this.
4. What is the big idea to put a big opaque watermark in middle of the screen when using those purple named ultimate morph sliders?! That is very very annoying when trying to make characters. I paid for the package, don't give me such free tier treatment please.
5. This is from CC3.2, but I highly suspect that the problem still exists. I exported a male clothed character as OBJ and the head and body (minus legs and arms) textures are linked to reflection map by default. Linking to correct maps also doesn't give correct appearance.
6. Why does 3.3+ base mesh has such unnaturally thick nose? It took me a lot of time to try to fix it with all the watermarks and the morph slider creation issue.

For me, the only good side of 3.3 update is that 3.3+ base mesh looks more professional.

Edit1: It appears that the software's DRM is broken. It doesn't recognize that I purchased the ultimate morphs.
Edited
4 Years Ago by path.to.the.future
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
1. I use Blender 2.83 and the 3.3+ female default base, and when I import the OBJ with Z up, the feet aren't on the ground plane

The entire Import/Export routine needs an overhaul. Starting with that Z-offset and ending with new Bind-pose, which supposed to substitute a T-pose, but it is not.
Wait till you try to do anything with FBX export - fitting something in Blender and try to bring it to CC separately, or tweaking some existed item...

2. The imported OBJ's texture is totally misplaced UPON IMPORT, ie: face is on the neck, the rest of body looks like frankenstein.

Check the source of the texture files in Blender: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost454898.aspx

3. For morph slider creation purposes, the import/export settings changed again. The past solutions posted in the forum aren't working anymore. Please post an official instruction for this.

Yes, it does not work anymore, updated:  https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost454125.aspx

path.to.the.future
path.to.the.future
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)Senior Member (482 reputation)

Thanks for the reply, at least the frankenstein skin can be manually fixed for now and morph creation works.

Edit1: my old CC3.2 male character is pulling maps from the right fodder, but it's still mismatched
Edited
4 Years Ago by path.to.the.future
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

No problem.
Did you convert your male to 3.3+? Because mismatch caused by wrong texture for the given base.

path.to.the.future
path.to.the.future
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I just converted the male character to 3.3+, and the problem persists! Manually relinking map still doesn't work!https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ff9dee01-5f2c-4190-a35f-d400.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/819dd9ae-15f1-49d2-a700-3e90.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a2fe3ac5-d702-4df3-9f42-9b5d.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That looks scary Sad
Feel free to add your comment and screenshots here: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Texture-mismatch-when-exporting-to-OBJ-or-FBX

mary3233
mary3233
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
path.to.the.future
I noticed the problem with the purple named morph sliders too!
All morph sliders in my CC Template folder "Essential Body Morphs"  are purple named and not useable without a watermark
Did you find any solution for make these sliders work?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
path.to.the.future (8/17/2020)

4. What is the big idea to put a big opaque watermark in middle of the screen when using those purple named ultimate morph sliders?! That is very very annoying when trying to make characters. I paid for the package, don't give me such free tier treatment please.

You shouldn't be getting any watermarks onscreen if you have purchased the Ultimate Morphs. Do check you are online when using the morphs, and if the problem continues please try going to Help > Activate Entire Library in CC3 to make sure all your purchased content has been correctly activated.

For the other issues, please make use of the Feedback Tracker and the CC team will investigate the problems and give you further feedback there. Just posting on the forum may lead to issues being missed.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

path.to.the.future
path.to.the.future
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

My purchase is complete with invoice and I'm online. I tried all the activate options in Help menu and it didn't help at all. I opened ticket and got no response so far.
mary3233
mary3233
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)New Member (45 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
@ path.to.the.future 
......like mentioned above, I had the same problem.
Got response from CC Team, there was a problem with the package.
Open CC, go to smart gallery,  select "ultimate morph" and uninstal (right mouse click).
Then reinstal (again right mouse click), so the adjusted package ist redownloaded and all sliders work   

Reading This Topic