decals/skingen

Posted By e1_scheer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I've just upgraded to CC 3.3 and am trying to add a decal/tear to a pair of jeans on the character.
When I use the appearance editor and try to add a texture image to the diffuse channel it keeps 
referring me to skingen premium.  Does this mean I now need to buy the skingen addon to be able
to work with the appearance editor.  Maybe I'm missing something but I thought skingen was only 
needed to edit the skin shaders for the body of the character.

Any info on this or an updated tutorial would be helpful.

Thanks !
Edited
4 Years Ago by e1_scheer
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Just following up my own mail with some more info :

I've now converted the character to a cc3+ character and found the outfits tab to 
access the same functionality as in cc 3.2.  However when I want to import a 
custom texture, I'm prompted to buy the skingen premium addon.

How come that I now need to pay to use functionality that was already part of cc
3.2?  That just doesn't make sense as I had already paid for that functionality in
the original version.  All this on top of the fact that we had to wait for over 18
months for the update to the appearance editor.

Not cool !
Edited
4 Years Ago by e1_scheer
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I think what you are doing is using the Skin Gen Editor, which was not part of 3.2, but added in 3.3. 
And then, the Decal part is a Premium feature.
So, it's all added in since 3.3.

But explain to us the exact method you were using to achieve adding the decal to the clothing in 3.2.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
e1_scheer (8/17/2020)
Just following up my own mail with some more info :

I've now converted the character to a cc3+ character and found the outfits tab to 
access the same functionality as in cc 3.2.  However when I want to import a 
custom texture, I'm prompted to buy the skingen premium addon.

How come that I now need to pay to use functionality that was already part of cc
3.2?  That just doesn't make sense as I had already paid for that functionality in
the original version.  All this on top of the fact that we had to wait for over 18
months for the update to the appearance editor.

Not cool !

Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

For clothing you still use the old Appearance Editor just as you did in CC 3.2. The new SkinGen features only work with skin and makeup.

However, to use decals has always had additional requirements. In CC 3.2 you needed to have the CC Essentials Bundle and now in CC 3.3 you need to SkinGen Premium (which includes the CC Essentials). Note: If you already owned the CC Essentials Bundle this should have been updated automatically when CC 3.3 was first launched.

So if you have previously purchased the CC Essentials Bundle then I would advise contacting Technical Support who can hopefully sort this out for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey! Thanks for the quick replies

I did buy the essential pack and now that you mention it, when I first launched my updated version of cc 3.3 
and loaded up a previous character, it showed the watermark, saying that I didn't have the essential pack 
license installed.  So I redownloaded and reinstalled the original one from my online account.

But how do I update to the new version of the essential pack?
Edited
4 Years Ago by e1_scheer
Channel Cat
Channel Cat
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)Senior Member (466 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I purchased the SkinGen Premium in the 4-in-1 package and I get the same message. I can apply the default decal texture in the skingen tools but when I try to click on the base color in the texture settings it prompts me to purchase SkinGen Premium. I tried re-registering and re-downloading but the same thing happens. I also have issues with the Street Fashion Base Clothing. It says unlicensed and it takes two or three clicks to apply clothing but when it is applied to the character there is a watermark most of the time. I've spent a lot of money on these products to have this many issues. I think it might be a smart gallery thing.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Channel Cat (9/16/2020)
I purchased the SkinGen Premium in the 4-in-1 package and I get the same message. I can apply the default decal texture in the skingen tools but when I try to click on the base color in the texture settings it prompts me to purchase SkinGen Premium. I tried re-registering and re-downloading but the same thing happens. I also have issues with the Street Fashion Base Clothing. It says unlicensed and it takes two or three clicks to apply clothing but when it is applied to the character there is a watermark most of the time. I've spent a lot of money on these products to have this many issues. I think it might be a smart gallery thing.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Are you trying to use CC3 online or offline?

Also when you installed the SkinGen Premium Plug-in from the Reallusion Hub did it complete successfully? (no error messages). It's also important that Character Creator is closed down when installing any plug-ins? If in doubt, please uninstall the SkinGen Premium Plug-in and install again making sure that CC3 is closed down when you do.

For content pack watermark issues, please try going to Help > Activate Entire Library. This will normally resolve watermark issues.

Do give the above a try but if you continue to have problems, please contact Technical Support who will be able to advise you further. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic