Profile Picture

for cusomized facial rig importing

Posted By fangye100 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fangye100
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
hi, dear support team 

I am new for Iclone and haven't really tried it yet, based on lots of tutorials I watched on youtube I can feel this production is perfect for an indie developer to build his own avatar system from creating to final animation.

I found lots cool facial animation fracture is based on a pre-defined facial mapping, it looks like the user has to assign the correct morph/blendshape or adjust the bone to correct position/rotation in the 3D exchange App, I believe for characters created from character creator all have been pre-defined this well, but for the customized character, I have questions about the joint driven facial rig.
    there is a tutorial for a character importing, but the facial rig is a very simple, I think it is fine to just adjust the bone in your 3D exchange software to reach different facial pose like eyeLeft ,open jaw .

but for some complex rig has lots sub joints like below, it is impossible to set up each joint well for a specific facial pose in your 3D exchange app since no rig controller like Maya or Max has.

in Unreal, they have a solution for the joint driven rig, which is to use pose assets to pre-define facial expressions, basically, they suggest user to key 51 facial expressions in Maya , and bake it to bones and exported into unreal as an animation clip, create a pose asset includes 51 poses from it and rename those expressions as jawOpen/eyeBlinkLeft .., so we no need to manually set the bone position in Unreal anymore.
  I haven't found a similar operation demo in iclone, just wondering if there is such a function to solve this kind of requirement. 
  thanks.

Reading This Topic