need advice please for laptop to work fast with iclone 7

Posted By motareiffi 4 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.

need advice please for laptop to work fast with iclone 7

Author
motareiffi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
hey every one
I bought a laptop but still slow with iclone 7 it works very fast with other 3d programs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
 Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
i want to return  it and get a new one 
the new one is

ASUS - ProArt StudioBook 17" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 32GB Memory
 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1.024TB SSD - Star Gray
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-proart-studiobook-17-laptop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-1-024tb-ssd-star-gray/6406484.p?skuId=6406484
you think guys it will be fast and good for iclone 7
thank you 

3DChick
3DChick
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am NOT the expert some others around here are but that *should* work well. That said, there have been reports here in the forums that the newest versions of both iClone and CC3 are having big impact on performance. Also, creating *enormous* files, so if you can upgrade that 1tb to 2 without breaking the bank, you might consider it. 

You might want to read through this thread...https://forum.reallusion.com/454086/Less-Feature-Updates-MORE-PERFORMANCE?PageIndex=4

Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 22 minutes ago
The key components for iClone and Character Creator are the graphics card and the video ram. While the 2060 is the latest model it is still a mid-range graphics card like the 1660. It also only has 6GB video ram on-board which may be a concern if you plan to work with large scenes or multiple characters.

If you can I would really recommend trying to get an RTX 2070 or 2080. The difference between the 60 series and 70, 80 series is normally quite noticeable. It will also mean you won't be looking at upgrading again in such a short time.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
motareiffi
motareiffi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

thank you so much, guys 
i will get this one as your advice peter 

MSI GE75 Raider Gaming Laptop 
 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - 240Hz 1080p
8GB NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics
and thank you nelm2010
i will see and update soon I have the laptop

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I expect to get a new laptop in the not too distant future. I admit to serious trepidation based on what folks are saying here. Concern one is Win10. I think Win7 was the last and only truly version that behaved like an OS should. Thus, my flirtation with LINUX Mint. Two, puzzlement and suspicion about new hardware structure. My current machine is OLD. It;s an Asus G75V, i7-36100QM - 2.63GHZ processor, NVIDIA Geoforce 670M GTX processor. I got no idea even after searching the computer and WWW, how much memory but doubt it is more than 2GB IF that. Of course, But my tagline says 3GB, I wanted to verify that but found no info. I went with the max system RAM back then in 2004, (I think) which was 24GB. I have zero issues running CC3 Pipe and iC7. Even when watching a streaming football game, have Paintshop Pro Ultimate open, Thunderbird open, and at times Word open for writing projects.

My worry is that a new computer built by wallet-nursing we see in companies demanding you rent as opposed to buy their software, hardware makers using built-in forced upgrade features to appease Micro$oft will result in my abandoning my trouble-free system for newer and expensive junk. The only issues I have with CC3 and iC7 is primarily my being under educated with it on various levels, my own stupidity in not following instructions, and overlooking obvious solutions right there on the workspace. But my computer, as I said, is OLD. Whether I like it or not, I'm going to have to get a newer one. Hopefully, it will have the stability and durability of my current dinosaur. Meanwhile, I'm going to hope RL starts writing their software for LINUX-users.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Edited
4 Years Ago by JasonWynngard
davidmaximo
davidmaximo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)Veteran Member (734 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In my opinion, no laptop could cut it. Needs a full on desktop processor
gigigeorge2002
gigigeorge2002
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
I have recently bought an HP Omen Gaming laptop and it has been performing well with iclone 7. The below specs is the exact configuration I got. As a Previsualization Artist this meets my need for quick animation renders. In India its priced around 1,80,000 Rs ,can add an extra 16gb Ram and 1Tb ssd also. Putting two characters (CC3) on stage and using the default animations gives me 60 fps. Hope this helps.
George
 Mumbai, India
OMEN Laptop 15-ek0024TX
  • 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • Windows 10 Home Single Language 64
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 with Max-Q (8 GB DDR6 dedicated)
  • 16 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • Starting at 2.36 kg
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

davidmaximo (10/31/2020)
In my opinion, no laptop could cut it. Needs a full on desktop processor

I beg to differ. I always buy custom-built gaming laptops. They're usually 17.3 screen monsters with lots of ports. Specifically, I go with systems built by companies that specialize in such builds. XOTICPC, CyberPowerPC, ORIGIN etc. These systems aren't your garden variety laptops. They come with a lot of things like the same CPU and GPU found in a desktop. You also get to decide how you want it configured in terms of how much RAM, version of CPU, GPU+ram and so forth.  My laptop is old and is a gaming machine, though I never play games. It handles video and animation work easily. Render times are short too. Though I  no longer hit the convention trail these days, it was portable enough for me to haul, and the envy of other presenters whose office configured VAIOs, Dells, HPs and such choked on heavy video and other demands by resource hogs. A real gaming laptop can handle whatever a desktop can. BUT BUT BUT, make sure you get one built by a business that knows what it is doing. The main issue is even for the bigger laptops, a lot of desktop quality stuff is crammed into a small space. Make sure your system has VERY good ventilation slits and fans, VERY good heat sinks, plus (I strongly suggest) a mesh stand which encourages underneath air circulation. DO NOT go cheap on this. In my view, the sturdy ROLODEX model is the best of them. Seen Here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/531873-REG/Rolodex_82410_Laptop_Stand_Mesh.html?_escaped_fragment_=

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gigigeorge2002 (11/1/2020)
Hi,
I have recently bought an HP Omen Gaming laptop and it has been performing well with iclone 7. The below specs is the exact configuration I got. As a Previsualization Artist this meets my need for quick animation renders. In India its priced around 1,80,000 Rs ,can add an extra 16gb Ram and 1Tb ssd also. Putting two characters (CC3) on stage and using the default animations gives me 60 fps. Hope this helps.
George
 Mumbai, India
OMEN Laptop 15-ek0024TX
  • 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • Windows 10 Home Single Language 64
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 with Max-Q (8 GB DDR6 dedicated)
  • 16 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • Starting at 2.36 kg

Good choice. I would have gone with 24GB or 32GB of RAM, even 64GB if I could afford it. But then I sort of have always gone for more than I often need in that aspect. Up you can upgrade your ram now or later, do so. It does make a difference. I would also suggest one or two solid state or PCIe NVMe sticks. If you're wondering, I'd personally avoid putting my work on clouds services, just makes it easier for dishonest folks to steal your work. I put my work on portable HDDs if I don't plan to use them for a while or sell right away.

Edited
4 Years Ago by JasonWynngard
matenn30
matenn30
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
In my case, I bought it at Dosupara. I don't know if I can order in English version.
自分の場合、ドスパラで購入しました。英語バージョンで注文できるか分かりませんが。

The forum is an amateur.
フォーラムは素人です。

Reading This Topic