3DXchange4 G3 male upper mesh

Posted By Galfridus 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

Got a problem trying to export and replace upper mesh of some G3 males with 3DXchange4 pro. The lower works fine but the upper mesh generates this warning and replacement does indeed fail every time.

This is the case with Dylan, Trey, Benny & G3 nudemale.

Kane and Zac don`t seem to have this problem or any of the G1 and G2 male upper meshes I have tried.

G3 female uppers also export without issue

Any suggestions or does this need reporting to support?

Thanks

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Edited
14 Years Ago by thompsongeoff
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Geoff,

I have tried all the avatars you mention and have not encountered the same problem. All Uppers from these avatars exported successfully without the warning message you have received.

If you are using the default avatars (not custom versions) that were installed with iClone4 and you have updated iClone4 to the latest version then you should contact Support for help with this. They may have knowledge of this problem and be able to advise you accordingly.

As always, please use the Support Form below.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
thompsongeoff (3/25/2010)

Got a problem trying to export and replace upper mesh of some G3 males with 3DXchange4 pro. The lower works fine but the upper mesh generates this warning and replacement does indeed fail every time.

This is the case with Dylan, Trey, Benny & G3 nudemale.

Kane and Zac don`t seem to have this problem or any of the G1 and G2 male upper meshes I have tried.

G3 female uppers also export without issue

Any suggestions or does this need reporting to support?

Thanks

Geoff.

I get exactly the same Characters as Geoff failing. All others that I tried worked ok.

Duchess Designs Store 

lundon
lundon
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Add me to the list of those who are getting this error.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

duchess110 (3/25/2010)
I get exactly the same Characters as Geoff failing. All others that I tried worked ok.

Hmmm that is strange. I'm not encountering this at all and I have a normal iClone4 setup and nothing different in terms of the avatars used. I'll have to pass this to Support to see what is causing this. Thanks for the feedback.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Thanks very much for the swift feedback Peter and Duchess.

To answer your questions Peter, yes I have the latest updates to Iclone4 pro. and I was using the default avatars.

Thanks for confirming Duchess, that you too are experiencing this problem.

I will follow Peter`s advice and forward the issue to support.

Geoff.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Whoops..cross posting...notice also a problem for lundon...looks like you are going to follow this one up for us Peter.

Many Thanks.

Geoff.

Mick
Mick
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Dear users,

This is a warning message. The problem is caused by the contents. Because the exported mesh includes scattered point data, replacement mesh may not work if using other 3rd party tools to edit the mesh (e.g. Argile).

This issue has already passed to our developing team. We will solve this problem as soon as possible.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Mick
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.
www.reallusion.com

Edited
14 Years Ago by Mick
siesar.music
siesar.music
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I tryng the Upper body export from 3dexchange4 (wirh g3 nude) and me too i have problem when (after modify and new export) from Argile, i try to replace mesh into 3dexchange4. give me error.

The Lower body is ok.

So for the moment it isn't possible use 3dexchange and Argile for make modify sculpt for to use into iclone.

I hope this issue will be correct soon !

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The problems that have been experienced with upper G3 males will be fixed with an avatar update that is part of the new iClone 4.2. This is due for release later this month or early next. Not too long to wait. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic