Profile Picture

How do I update to 4.21 if I purchased CTA4 Pipeline via Apple's App Store?

Posted By ericlmercer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do I update to 4.21 if I purchased CTA4 Pipeline via Apple's App...

Author
ericlmercer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)New Member (82 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi.  I recently purchased CTA4 Pipeline on the Mac App Store, then about $400 of supporting software directly from the Reallusion Website for CTA4 on the same day.

Today I saw the new Hand Bone Editor on a Reallusion Youtube vid & since then noticed that my CTA4 Pipeline hasn't updated, still at v4.11.  It needed an update, and that's where my problem begin. How to get this update.

I can find no way to update to CTA4 Pipeline 4.21 (and I need that hand bone editor).  The App Store version is still at v4.11 since a month ago. I haven't found any way to download an update from the Reallusion Website.

I tried installing the Reallusion Hub and my CTA Pipeline Purchase doesn't show up. I even tried installing the Trial Version of Pipeline 4.21 as a temp workaround and Hub says I haven't purchased it (for some reason - it's TRIAL...). Maybe in my frustration, I'm not understanding something.

Basically, as a CTA4 Pipeline owner who purchased from the App Store instead of directly from Reallusion, how do I get the latest updates? (I need those bone hands today) and now I'm in update hell trying to figure out how to do a simple update to 4.21( since an hour now, with now solution in sight). So far it seems maybe I need to pray that the App Store gets a timely update from Reallusion. So I'm a bit frustrated because I purchased on Apples App Store thinking that will be simple for updates (Wrong?).

Did I make a mistake in purchasing via the App Store given that Hub seems to require a purchase from Reallusion Website? If so, why is it even sold there? Why isn't a warning issued that you'll get updates later than if you purchased directly from the Reallusion Site?

Anyway. I'm only guessing as to why I can't update to 4.21 easily. Updates are normally pretty simple/transparent.  I'm presuming maybe its because I purchased on the App Store (so maybe, shame on me?).

But how do I fix this? How do I update my CTA4 Pipeline 4.11 to 4.21? This should be simple. Maybe it is. 

Thanks much for any help in getting this update.  Cheers to all. -eric
dtsguy
dtsguy
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sorry not an answer but FYI having same exact problem marrying the mac app purchase with a plug in from the RA store

Reading This Topic