Profile Picture

iAvatar wont OPEN in 3dXchange after CC upgarde to 3.3

Posted By JahniB 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JahniB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I am trying to "open" an iAvatar file, that was exported from CC v3.3. I am receiving this error message:
"3DXchange may not support this data"
I think this comes with the new update, because just before I did the character creator upgrade to 3.3 I could import the iAvatar. Maybe its a setting of mine, or an issue with the new upgrade?
It still opens the old .avatar files, exported from CC 3 (I think).
It's just not opening the new ones from 3.3
Also, I noticed that when it was working for me, pre-3.3,  there were limitations to the naming on the export of CC. This is what I noticed:
The file didn't open if it was names had any spaces between the words.
I kept the names short, because it seemed to work. Longer names wouldn't open.
 Can you tell me what the naming parameters are?
I hope this helps if its something with the program. If it's on my end, can you give me a suggestion on what I should do Thank you in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Have you updated 3DXchange to version 7.7? This is required to be able to open avatars from Character Creator 3.3 or iClone 7.8.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JahniB
JahniB
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I didn’t see the upgrade until after I uninstalled both iclone and 3dXchange. When I reinstalled them again, it’s working. Thank you!

Reading This Topic