Profile Picture

Micro-normal mask disappears after entering SkinGen with Daz Transformer character [CC3 Base+]

Posted By ericdelappe 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Micro-normal mask disappears after entering SkinGen with Daz...

Author
ericdelappe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Imported a Daz Genesis 8 Female character using the Transformer tool (imported textures using advanced mode). As soon as I tick the "activate editor" checkbox under Appearance->Skin, the micro normals disappear on the character. In the materials tab, I can see that Micro Normal mask has been replaced with a warning logo. After exiting SkinGen, the mask is still missing but now it shows black instead of the warning logo. All of the other textures remain intact - only the micro normal mask is affected.

This only happens with Daz imported characters. However, the warning logo shows up on the micro normal mask while in SkinGen for non-Daz CC3 Base+ characters as well. But the micro normals remain visible throughout, and the correct mask returns after exiting Skin Gen for the non-Daz characters.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I noticed that yesterday, but was thinking I was doing something wrong.
It even disappears from the iClone Base Katherine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9e8bcfc6-3bb0-4409-b86e-adba.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
ericdelappe
ericdelappe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

4u2ges (7/25/2020)
I noticed that yesterday, but was thinking I was doing something wrong.
It even disappears from the iClone Base Katherine.

Ah, so it's not a Daz/Transformer specific problem then.

I did a little more testing and it's happening with the figures from the CC3 Hivewire Teaser Pack as well. And with the demo project "DH Sample" (which I had to convert from CC3 to CC3+ first). Maybe it happens with all converted figures?

Hope this bug is fixed soon!
ericdelappe
ericdelappe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Just noticed it's even happening with Headshot characters.
Since this issue isn't specific to Transformer like I originally thought, this thread should probably be moved to the "technical issues" subforum. I've also just submitted an issue to the feedback tracker.

Reading This Topic