Profile Picture

Default and Paid sliders in new CC3.3 Update

Posted By Slayerazazel 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Sunsirray
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Peter (RL), 

Was this issue fixed? When I asked the support team about packs and plug-ins I was told that buyers would not need to buy the plug-ins I used. This is what was said to me a little over a week ago. I'm about to purchase some plug-ins based on what I was told by the Reallusion Support Team. I also want to start creating content for sale on the Marketplace and Content Store using these plug-ins mentioned below, but not if buyers will have to purchase the same morph plug-ins that I use.

[Image Removed By Moderator - For Security Reasons Please Don't Post Private Support Information]
Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Sunsirray

If you create any characters for sale that includes content from purchased packs at the Content Store or Marketplace, then the buyer will also need to have this content for it to work without a watermark. This is called derivative content.

For plug-ins, the buyer won't need to have the plug-in used to create the content. For example if you create a character using Headshot, then the buyer will not need the Headshot plug-in to be able to use the character. Likewise If you create custom skin using the SkinGen plug-in, the buyer won't need to have the SkinGen plug-in.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I've just tested an uploaded avatar to my marketplace using various morphs from the essentials and other Reallusion morph packs and I'm disappointed that an end-user (purchaser) would need to either own, or have to purchase, the morph packs, which defeats the purpose of morphs being only export, I would have thought. I agree with Slayerazazel, and others, that it limits content creators to the basic morphs, or/and having to purchase 3rd party apps likes of Zbrush to create the awesome characters otherwise created in CC3. From a content creator's point of view I'd like to be able to create characters from the included and paid morph packs in CC3 and be able to put them up on the market place without the purchaser needing to own those extra morph packs. An avatar with baked morphs should not require any other external addons.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

My only issue is that we cannot distinguish which morphs are from what packs, and which morphs are the default built-in morphs. For the purpose of knowing which morphs you are actually using before uploading a character to the marketplace. WITHOUT needing to uninstall all paid content first. We really need a function (Like there previously was) to turn off/make invisible the paid/purchased sliders.

It's a feature that WAS there before the new 3.3 updates. And if it was previously there. How hard is it to put it back? (The button is still there, but it does absolutely nothing now)

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

I agree with you there Slayerazazel. It was much easier to turn off the paid morphs in earlier CC3 versions, however as content creators we should be able to utilise all the tools available (especially morphs) to us, knowing that when we put an avatar up on the market place the end-user is getting a ready-to-run product without having the need to purchase anything else. I, and probably a lot of other avatar content creators do our own morphs via Zbrush or other 3rd party sculpting applications, but as I said it defeats the purpose of not being able to use the morphs we have purchased that have an export license. Yes by all means we need to be able to turn off the the 3rd party morphs if we want to to, but the fact remains; why have tools that we are unable to utilise in our content creation endeavors for the marketplace? This issue isn't new, if I recall Alley brought this topic up some years ago. I faced similar problems when I first started avatar creation and withdrew a number of my avatars from the marketplace because of the requirement for end-users needing to buy the morph packs simply for one or two tweaks I had made on those avatars.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Edited
4 Years Ago by Colonel_Klink
Sunsirray
Sunsirray
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)New Member (97 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you for letting me know. I was about to purchase the Digital Human Essential 3-in-1 bundle for creating characters to sell in the Marketplace. I see that is not a good idea now. 

If I use the Cartoon Character Designer - Toon Figures and Toon Hair to make characters will buyers need to have those packs as well? 

And are there any limitations on how many times I can use the sliders in the plug-ins for what I create to sale?
LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Awesome, I came back to this thread wondering about the same issue for CCD. My hope was that if I got the premium Skin Gen Plugin , morphs, etc... I could bake the morphs and merge the layers for the skin to be able to sale my products without having to worry about customers needing to purchase the plugin as well in order to be able to use the products after purchase. I hope I can publish new avatars using these tools without any DRM issues afterwards.

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Even if the character has the layers merged and baked along with the morphs? I hope that this changes in the near future. I know that Daz has some developer models that can be repurposed for sale if you create certain models like gen 8 dev models, with morphs, etc. So I hope that Reallusion would think about allowing CCD to be able to create unique characters using plugins they themselves have purchased. I hope they provide CCDs an option to resale custom avatars using these plugins that's similar to purchasing an export license where we are able to create an avatar to be used in games that eventually get sold anyway... the game that is. Customers would still be able to use an avatar, if it's in a game, that uses these plugins, when the games are sold. Why would it be any different for use in animation? I think there has to be an option for CCDs to at least be able to bake textures and morphs sliders in order to resale custom avatars  for customers. If a CCD is able to resale the actual program in their stores, like licensed distributers, then there should be an option for developers to be able to sale their creative works in the marketplace as well. I have about 90-95% of the products Reallusion has released in regards to plugins and software but when I can only use a plugin for my own animations or game development it kind of limits CCDs as far as creating avatars for sale on the content stores and in the marketplace. I hope there's a licensing option in the near future that would allow us to sale our creations in this community without any backlash or the need for customers to buy $100s worth of plugins just to buy an avatar. At least give the developer an option to purchase any additional licensing to redistribute their creations. I think this would allow both Reallusion and the developers to be able to better monetize their products.

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Maybe I should not be saying this, lol, but I will. There is a simple way to avoid all those premium sliders passed on to your customers.

* Make your character with whatever sliders you wish. Finish it. Save all custom stuff - cloth, hair, eye, skin.. etc (in case of a custom makeup - bake it).
* Export it as OBJ - Nude in Bind Pose - Full Body
* Start a new project. In case of a male, load any male base of the same generation as your newly created character.
* Export it as OBJ - Nude in Bind Pose - Full Body
* Now Create a Morph Slider selecting your character exported OBJ, but for the key select a base key generated for the second (base character) export.
* Apply saved in step one garments, skin, etc..
Done, your character would not have any derivative dependencies.

Archimed Production
Archimed Production
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)Veteran Member (888 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
So you're limiting character creators, Peter! You're reducing the number of potential buyers of characters to almost zero! When will you finally remove this limitation with Ultimate Morphs? Isn't it silly to think that a buyer will pay a hundred bucks for this package of yours if the character is worth $ 5 ??
Edited
3 Years Ago by Archimed Production

Reading This Topic