What's New in Character Creator 3.3 & Ultimate Digital Human Add-ons

Posted By Miranda (RL) 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

What's New in Character Creator 3.3 & Ultimate Digital Human Add-ons

Author
asiejenski
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi
I thought about buying Digital Human Essential 2-in-1 (4-in-1 is too expensive) and I am little confused. In the description of the Realistic Human Skin I found this:
  https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/021002fc-8254-4624-8ea5-6e82.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1afcec5a-d821-4b87-8315-30bb.jpg

So, can I add my own tattoo only with Realistic Human Skin or not?
Regards
chris_466129
chris_466129
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Well done... The skingen and latest addons have been amazing. I've been working in gamedev for a while and moving models from other packages to Unity usually resulted in what I call, a bowling-pin look, wooden-dead, etc. However, the pipeline from CC3, with skingen, motionlive, and other features really matches very closely to what a large studio does in a AAA title. I had been looking forward to skingen for a while now, and got it first thing this morning, characters moved to unity in hdrp look and feel alive. This is a game changer for character development and workflow. Just had to come here and say job well done.
sibi_naayagam
sibi_naayagam
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)Senior Member (367 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just updated my version and everything seems to work fine, BUT, why are the material options for everything greyed out?
Bino_S2
Bino_S2
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
These new 3.3 features are fantastic.  I'm really excited to start incorporating the new base character and associated facilities available with it into my projects.  I'm gutted I won't be able to take my new CC3+ skins to my existing project's CC3 models, (or edit my existing CC3s with the new skin system).  But I'm going to start migrating over to CC3+ soon, (start from scratch, so to speak, shouldn't be too hard).  I've been playing around with the new stuff for the last four hours and I'm impressed - I'm really impressed.  This stuff you've made just blows some other character creation solutions right out the park now.

Anyway - Thankyou so much - and congratulations.  Well done - and thanks for all the hard work.
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
sibi_naayagam (7/23/2020)
I just updated my version and everything seems to work fine, BUT, why are the material options for everything greyed out?

When you are finished with SkinGen , untick Activate Editor and your Material will be baked , then you can use the material options as usual. As long as SkinGen is active , Skingen is the Boss :-)

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Bino_S2 (7/23/2020)
These new 3.3 features are fantastic.  I'm really excited to start incorporating the new base character and associated facilities available with it into my projects.  I'm gutted I won't be able to take my new CC3+ skins to my existing project's CC3 models, (or edit my existing CC3s with the new skin system).  But I'm going to start migrating over to CC3+ soon, (start from scratch, so to speak, shouldn't be too hard).  I've been playing around with the new stuff for the last four hours and I'm impressed - I'm really impressed.  This stuff you've made just blows some other character creation solutions right out the park now.

Anyway - Thankyou so much - and congratulations.  Well done - and thanks for all the hard work.

You can easily convert your CC Character to a CC+ Character, under Modify there is even a batch converter.
Bino_S2
Bino_S2
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Bassline303 (7/23/2020)
Bino_S2 (7/23/2020)

You can easily convert your CC Character to a CC+ Character, under Modify there is even a batch converter.

Thanks Baseline.  I'd had a look at this.  I am keeping several costume sets live on my characters so that they can be swapped at runtime after export - inasmuch I don't have the level of hidden faces you would expect and my characters are wearing a lot of wardrobe....  But I've just given it another look and it's going to work.  All it looks like I will have to unhide are the parts of the CC3+ that can be seen by all the costume variations - and that ain't too hard.

Cheers Baseline.

[EDIT] - yes... I've just converted and made good one of my characters.  Took less than ten minutes.  I'll do more tomorrow - and I'll need to mess around in unity tomorrow - but this is looking really good.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Bino_S2
0oseven
0oseven
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)Veteran Member (802 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I just downloaded the CC3.3 Update which installed OK but starting the program it crashes. "Plugin Initialise failed'. Restarting  PC did not help. Any Suggestions ?
EDIT - checked DLL files and the CCBasics.dll is there. Maybe old version that needs update ?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/55243803-5cce-48f6-8073-2db4.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd4c3ca3-5a04-4eca-8d51-ace9.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by 0oseven
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Special thanks to RL for enhancing CC1 > CC3 base.
I have many HQ CC1 base avatars I could not convert because of 1K maps conversion limit.
Now it is up to 4K!

midix
midix
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)Veteran Member (788 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Just a speculation - maybe we'll be able to use the new CC3 base "as is" as direct export to Unreal Engine 5, when it comes?
At least from the early UE5 demos it seems it will be able to handle high-poly and  high-res textured assets without any LOD. So, exporting to UE gamebase will become obsolete.

LogicalWarrior (7/23/2020)
Yet, you get this massive library in the Premium...of course, if you pay $229 for it! That's just really not right at all for the overall average customer. Everyone isn't selling characters/gaming, or what have you, yet would like to take advantage of this in their movies.

Yes, I too find some prices disappointingly high. I accept the $79 (Early Bird version) price of the premium plugin itself - it took lots of development efforts to create such a complex solution and existing CC customers didn't cover it all when buying CC. But Ultimate Morphs and Realistic Skin each cost $99, and Makeup costs $79, and that doesn't seem proportional at the first glance.

However, content development can be also very costly indeed. Good 3D designers with anatomy knowledge are not that cheap to hire. Of course, the costs might be lower if the demand for these assets was high, but Reallusion's products seem still to be somewhat niche, so, alas, it is unreasonable to expect a substantial price reduction.

While their base products iClone and CC are not cheap either, still their prices can't cover that many additional future plugins. It's already great to see Reallusion "donating" iClone Unreal Live Link to indie people. Who knows, maybe someday Reallusion will be able to afford even more such gifts.

Reading This Topic