Posted By Miranda (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

What's New in Character Creator 3.3 & Ultimate Digital Human Add-ons

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

Character Creator v3.3 has just been released! (July 23rd)
As the solutions provider for 3D Digital Human Creation, Character Creator is taking the necessary steps to fulfill the needs of next generation Digital Humans. 
  • In version 3.2, CC Characters are equipped with Reallusion Digital Human Shader to deliver high-quality real-time rendering.
  • In version 3.3, a new Character Base (CC3+) is available for immersive animation and sculpting details. SkinGen makes it easier than ever to create skin details and makeup effects for characters across different ages, genders and ethnicity.
  • In version 3.4, a composite Facial Hair content pack will be available. The facial hair system will be able to conform and animate with facial expressions.

New Character Base - CC3 Base+ 

Designing the best real-time Digital Human character is one of the core values of Character Creator 3. From version 3.3, CC3 Base+ improves character mesh, UV, and skeletal rig; fulfilling the requirements of detailed sculpting and realistic animation.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0ef516be-b848-4e74-81de-d4c4.jpg

SkinGen - Dynamic Skin & Makeup Tools and Exquisite Asset Library 

SkinGen is a major breakthrough in the digital human workflow, introducing an ultra-realistic dynamic material system dedicated to human skin synthesis. Embedded with industry leading scan-based assets, SkinGen not just makes CC3+ characters look great, it also give your existing projects a significant visual upgrades.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bd0a89f5-e607-4de5-a7e2-28c1.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3c64a8a7-8938-48b6-943f-826e.png

The Ultimate Digital Human Solution 

In order to give you the best user experience, we have also released a complete series of Ultimate Digital Human Add-ons, which includes SkinGen Premium Plug-inRealistic Human Skin, Makeup & SFX, and Ultimate Morphs content packs. Combined with the embedded SkinGen feature, we aim to stimulate your creativity and look forward to you realizing your artist visions in animation, games, and visualizations.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44be37fa-d124-4005-8a51-7ec0.png

Note:
  • Purchase either the 4-in-1 bundle or buy independent packs.
  • Skin and Makeup packs are fully functional without the need of the SkinGen Premium Plug-in. Morph pack is compatible with CC 3.3 new base (CC3+).
Please check the webpage for special bundle packages and related details.

BONUS - Purchase the 4-in-1 bundle to get 12 characters free! 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/20a827d3-efc7-4840-a514-b778.png

New Features in Version 3.3

Here are the summary of key features in version 3.3.  For the full release note, please visit the webpage.
  • New Embed Content for CC3 Digital Human >> Know More
  • New Character Base: CC3 Base+ >> Know More
    • New base fulfills the requirements of detailed sculpting and realistic animation, the improvement ranges from the base model's mesh, UV, to skeletal rig.
    • A-Pose is the bind pose for CC3 Base+ character, the animation and pose is enhanced accordingly.
    • Tear line and occlusion eyes are supported to make eyes realistic.
    • All existing character content can be easily converted into CC3 Base+. (one and batch options are available)
  • Conversion Design: Apply Existing Content to CC3 Base+ >> Know More
  • Optimize Motions for Difference Generation Characters (Pose Offset) >> Know More
  • "Set T Pose" for Pose and Animation Correction >> Know More
  • New Features and Enhancement for Daz Transformer>> Know More
  • Skin & Makeup Generation: SkinGen >> Know More
    The layer stack design for dynamic skin effects, which allows users to generate realistic skin and makeup effects based on the real human skin and makeup system.
  • SSS Shaders for Props, Accessories, Hair >> Know More
  • UDIM Texture Layout for ZBrush and Substance Painter Workflow >> Know More
  • Export to 3D Engines: General FBX / OBJ Export Enhancements >> Know More
  • Gesture Animation Enhancement >> Know More

Update Notice 

Many new features and functions are added in version 3.3, and there are some related software and plugin updates as well.  
In order to quickly adapt to this new version, we suggest reading the "Update Notice" thoroughly before you begin.

Content Repacked for Character Creator 3.3 

For this CC 3.3 release, Reallusion has made enhancements for some of the best selling content packs which can be divided into two parts: morphs and clothes. For the morphs, come added support for the all new CC3 Base+ character base along with all the optimizations that come with it. The quality and fidelity achieved by the transformation to the CC3 Base+ character base, is head and shoulders above the competition. For the clothes part, major breakthroughs have been made in resolving distorted shoulder areas and problems arising from cross-generational clothing application.

See HERE to know which content packs have been improved, and ways to acquire them.

Related Resource 

Reallusion Team

Edited
4 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
blade.stoned
blade.stoned
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Good day , 

I am trying to update the software but it is now more than a hour and the Reallusion HUB update still shows Waiting for CC3 update and Smart Gallery plugin. Is this normal to take so long ?
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
blade.stoned (7/23/2020)
Good day , 

I am trying to update the software but it is now more than a hour and the Reallusion HUB update still shows Waiting for CC3 update and Smart Gallery plugin. Is this normal to take so long ?

In the Hub window click on Refresh and that should solve the issue. If not exit the Hub and then restart it.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

blade.stoned
blade.stoned
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)Junior Member (169 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you , I could not refresh but the restart worked 100%
Thunder70
Thunder70
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
@Miranda-RL .Hi
I purchased the "Ultimate Digital Human 3-in-1" Bundle because I had not seen the "Ultimate Digital Human 4-in-1" Bundle offer (bonus included).
How can I buy it without paying for the same products
Edited
4 Years Ago by Thunder70
Asolo
Asolo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)Veteran Member (592 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc6038c7-b552-459d-a531-461d.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/28f9bc43-b642-4a79-84b0-cd8a.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thunder70 (7/23/2020)
@Miranda-RL .Hi
I purchased the "Ultimate Digital Human 3-in-1" Bundle because I had not seen the "Ultimate Digital Human 4-in-1" Bundle offer (bonus included).
How can I buy it without paying for the same products

Hi...

If you have purchased the wrong bundle, please contact Customer Support using the link below. They will be able to help you change to the correct bundle.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

LogicalWarrior
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I understand that the majority of the focus is for people who are Gaming Companies, or Developers. Although, to have created CC1 & CC2 with all the features at hand, but then turn around and make us pay for like 70-80% of the functionalities in CC3 is not right at all as a company. I asked this same question in a ticket, but now I'm starting to see that the answer given was just to blow me off.

You can't even edit ANY of the skin textures in the Editor without paying the $229 for it? Come on, that's ridiculous. Then, there are many of the texture add-ons ONLY available in the Premium that could have easily been included in the vanilla update. I mean, I get the DAZ stuff, or whatever, and SOME of the extra textures with a lot of creativity in it, cool, whatever. Although, only 3 makeup options for female full, and two for male, not including all the other skin packages and STANDARD makeup additions? Really???? Yet, you get this massive library in the Premium...of course, if you pay $229 for it! That's just really not right at all for the overall average customer. Everyone isn't selling characters/gaming, or what have you, yet would like to take advantage of this in their movies.

Although, I know my saying this means nothing because you have people/gaming brands actually purchasing/praising you all for this, so whatever, right? I just wanted to leave my opinion. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/901d4a34-acec-413a-b2a9-a259.jpg
Thunder70
Thunder70
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago

Hi...
If you have purchased the wrong bundle, please contact Customer Support using the link below. They will be able to help you change to the correct bundle.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks I did so, unfortunately it takes a few days...
Lucas Gilbertson
Lucas Gilbertson
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Does the composite facial hair mentioned for CC 3.4 include hair cards?

Reading This Topic